On the Seventh Day (En el Séptimo Día) Reviews

Matthew S Super Reviewer
    Mar 14, 2021

Flawlessly executed with heart, humor, and compassion, it's an intimate story that captures resilience in the face of socioeconomic challenges. The film stands on the shoulders of its main ensemble, and is a palpable and honest depiction of pre-pandemic Brooklyn and the greater NYC area.

• Sep 10, 2018

En El Septimo Dia is an essential movie and was made with heart. It left me with the hope that a little humanity is restored. In NYC the movie was show in IFC center and had screenings in a few other theatres. I truly hope it will be available on Amazon Prime or ITunes for purchase. In a time like ours, it is important that there are cinema that tells real stories about real people in the real world . We need more movies like this!

• Jul 28, 2018

i just saw the film today. It is beautifully crafted - a realistic slice of life of Mexican illegal immigrants in the U.S. Not quite the criminals and rapists proclaimed to us. I've been pondering the ending, however, wondering if non-resolution fits in well with the film's dynamics.Several reviewers have been spot-on, however, that the main character is someone we will stay with us for a long while and whose circumstances are now far more understandable.

• Jun 23, 2018

Great elements and characters, but there are some static moments in this film.

Great elements and characters, but there are some static moments in this film.