Once Upon a Forest - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Once Upon a Forest Reviews

June 16, 2017
I LOVED this movie as a child, and seeing it as an adult for the first time in years makes me love it even more. My nieces love this movie too, & they are 5 & under. It has such a great message. I'll forever love this movie & the memories I have growing up loving this movie. Whoever has anything negative to say about it is way too harsh & judgemental. Listen to the message of the movie instead of judging it's animation (from 1992) & the quality of the songs, because that's ridiculous to judge this movie for. It's not about all of that. It's about the message this movie delivers, and it delivers it amazingly. I'll always love this movie.
½ April 6, 2017
I have lots of nostalgic memories with this. I watched it several times as a kid, and used to love it. Even watching it as an adult I enjoyed myself, although it's definitely more for children. It's well-intentioned with a focus on preserving nature. (First viewing - Childhood)
January 28, 2017
This movie is stupid. Because the animation looks like s**t, Songs is bad,

These animals are noisy brats
July 30, 2016
Michael Crawford's over the top acting (but his always tremendous singing) is the ringing alarm clock that wakes you up from this sleepwalking, painfully dull and unimaginative kid flick. Recommended to fans of Crawford's singing, but there are better examples of it out there. Skip this.
March 2, 2016
I Loved the movie. I think they did the best and better than they could with the limited budget and coming out a bit after Jurassic Park. I think it would have been better if the movie was longer and brought out the characters a bit more.
All in all, I Loved the movie.
½ February 14, 2016
Dumb and bizarre, depressing, pretentious, manipulative, cheezy, cliche, worse than Ferngully. Crawford is overrated. Ugh and the musical numbers.
December 7, 2015
I'm not really sure why this has so many negative reviews. I just watched it with 2/3 of my children yesterday (ages 6 and 8) and we all really enjoyed it. To start with, the animation was fantastic. The plot was interesting and kept everyone watching from start to finish. The "message" of the film was not, to me, heavy-handed or pushy, especially compared to Fern Gully, which came out around the same time. And yes, there was one part involving the death of two characters that was a bit "harsh", but this is certainly not the first animated film to do that and definitely not the last either.
½ August 10, 2015
Simply horrible, this movie has no redeeming qualities, the animation isnt up to par with other movies of the time the story is a retread on what we've seen before and the characters are terribly designed and completely unlikable. stay away from this mess
March 23, 2015
A great childhood favorite.. It might not have top notch animation, story, or amazing characters, but definitely not for the faint of heart. Still an adorable movie a lot of kids can enjoy. I sure did. A few critics can't change that!
December 24, 2014
A story so strong and emotional, full of rich characters, about significance of nature and struggle for survival. An incredible journey where three kids risk everything willing to do anything to save their friend.Simply, a beautiful character development that shows the viewers how beautiful a true friendship is. Along the gorgeous scenery and powerful inspiring conversations, the story underlines the importance of knowledge and education.
½ October 15, 2014
Well after a while it kinda grew on me it has a charm that alot of people that can fall in love with but it fails on some degree I can see that but most environment films I seen are not perfect and they don't have to be because there message is great but are society will probably never change because of technology and many human advancements but like many there are people who care and understand that we need to protect our home on this planet so I don't fault this movie it's like any other movie but again most people can't except the truth and demonized things like this but it's a good animated film that's all I can say about it.
October 8, 2014
Un clásico de infancia y solo eso es lo que "Once Upon a Forest" es ahora, pero después no es nada más.
September 1, 2014
cute animated children's story that was enjoyable with a good message.
½ July 29, 2014
I loved it when I was a kid, but seeing it now...I really need to apologize to my parents for sitting through this sh*t with us
July 18, 2014
It's sad and depressing nature doesn't exactly do the film's happy eco babble theme justice. However, the film does have enough sentimental moments and great character interraction to make for a passable and fun film. The animation is brisk and eye pleasing to boot.
All in all, Once Upon a Forest is a captivating film, despite being noticably melodramatic.
June 1, 2014
doesn't look like my type of movie
May 14, 2014
I love this beautiful film! It had a great story, fantastic animation, great character development especially from one of the main characters Cornelius. And great songs. It's one of those films that made me cry at the end. It's one of my favorite movies!
April 6, 2014
I honestly really admire the animation style in this, reminding me of Don Bluth's movies. But, it really disappoints me with the story being sort of weak in my opinion.
November 16, 2013
This movie is a big part of my childhood. I wish more kids saw it then and I wish that kids would watch it now. It's beautiful and thought-provoking.
July 17, 2013
Just a really good movie for kids. Touching, and has real topics.