Once Upon a Time in Brooklyn Reviews

• Jun 06, 2016

Rats. I got no use for them. Bobby is released from prison for doing some time he earned and held his word to his crime family; so once out, he returns to his crime family roots. A lot has changed since he went in, and the new recruits aren't as conservative and the new bosses aren't as tough. Bobby struggles to adjust to his new lifestyle and tries to stay true to his brothers from before he went in...but he may discover they have changed as well... "Please don't spank me..." Paul Borghese, director of Four Deadly Reasons, Searching for Bobby D, From Geek to Guido, Sex on the Saddle, and the upcoming Dinner with the Foodfellas, delivers Once Upon a Time in Brooklyn. The storyline for this picture is very interesting and contains some entertaining characters. The script and acting are average and the cast includes William DeMeo, Armand Asssante, Cathy Moriarty, Ice-T, and Wass Stevens. "What are you, a walking tornado?" I recently came across this on Netflix and randomly added it to my queue. This was better than I anticipated. Some of the scenes could have been better, and some of the characters could have been more dynamic, but I enjoyed the main character and thought William DeMeo did a solid job. Overall, this is worth seeing once but I wouldn't add it to my DVD collection. "It was a distraction...a good one though..." Grade: C+

• Aug 17, 2014

Random collection of scenes of people being threatened or shot.

Random collection of scenes of people being threatened or shot.

• Jul 08, 2014

this movie tried so.hard to be gangster it used every mob movie cliche possible. but it was still good, and a nice little twist at the end. even though I called that one. Ice T gangster as usual

• May 05, 2014

good little mobster flick, enough storylines and threads running through it to keep you interested in it

• Jul 06, 2013

A gangster Mafia movie about a members journey from the outside to jail and outside to his eventual demise. Personally i found this movie too long for a mafia movie it was not like the God Father movies it more like a B grade version. Would i recommend this no i wouldn't. Not for the kiddies. No point to it all the moral of the story is about family and you can get that moral watching something else rather than this. The most notable actor are Ice T and Ja Rule for the young generation but their roles are small and really no point to them even being in the movie. Give this one a miss I am just giving it half a star so that it can report on my wall otherwise this is a not interested movie.

• Jun 01, 2013

Why oh why? Who finances these wank flicks. Every henchman from any low buget mob film or a small time Soprano's face pops up in it. Arman Assante adds some class and is a decent actor but he is somehow always is in shit flicks. The films main character DeMeo looks more like a Muslim Extremist off 24 than a made member of an Italian-American crime family. It has a pointless confusing double narration, the story is awful and the finale is really bad. What really killed me was that Ice-T's magic cock can get an FBI secretary to provide him with every individuals location in the witness protection programme.

• May 27, 2013

Quite easily one of the top ten worst movies I've seen in my 38 years. And I grew up when they were making all those cheesy horror movies! This beats Open Water as my top "I'd use this to torture people" movie.

• May 25, 2013

I think they just put "BROOKLYN" in all caps to get folks to watch. That's why I watched! Wish they would remove the CAPS so avoid others from watching, ugh!

• May 04, 2013

Armand Assante is a power house!!!! Very Entertaining!!!!

Armand Assante is a power house!!!! Very Entertaining!!!!