Once Upon a Time in Venice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Once Upon a Time in Venice Reviews

½ March 1, 2018
Bruce Willis on a skateboard...
½ February 27, 2018
If you've never seen Bruce Willis skateboarding nude, this is your big chance. A super silly and fun story that takes a lot of twists and turns to unfold.
½ February 8, 2018
terrible and useless. not funny. i didn't want to finish it. did so on fast speed. why is he making these movies (1 viewing)
January 2, 2018
Easy watching and I felt it was funnier than i was expecting. I was surprised to see the low reviews. I really enjoyed it!
½ December 30, 2017
Bruce WIllis tem uma empresa de investigação, porém no filme ele é só mais um maluco que sai fazendo um monte de merda e acaba tendo que recuperar seu cachorro que foi roubado e vendido a um traficante... o mesmo precisa fazer um serviço pro traficante para ter seu cachorro de volta... muito engraçado, porém sem noção....
December 27, 2017
Nice cast including the dog, but, ???
December 25, 2017
It's very dissapointing to see great actors doing garbage movies like this. Thats the reason why this movie is straight to DVD. Bruce Willis please stop doing nada movies you are verter than that ....
½ December 22, 2017
A huge disappointment. Bruce and John Goodman couldn't save this clunker.. Bad story, bad everything. A movie that made no sense. The gangbangers looked about as threatening as the tutti-fruity dancing gang members in West Side Story. LAME. Bruce must've needed an easy paycheck.
½ November 18, 2017
If anything once upon a time in Venice should be a reminder how far Bruce Willis is willing to go for a paycheck. Dressing up in drag? Riding naked on a skateboard, sticking a gun in your butt. It's all there. Beyond a few OK action scenes, the movie is a pretty big bore. The script and dialogue are absolutely awful. The pacing is all over the place. The movie is forgettable I saw it earlier today and I can't even remember what it was about. The dialed in performances don't help either. Even John Goodman is bland in this one.
November 5, 2017
Would have been nice to see Willis and Goodman in something even remotely watchable and not this bloated mess.
October 25, 2017
A movie you'll be happy to watch once, but never again.
½ October 22, 2017
Hahaha .. Hilarious !! I can't believe that Bruce Willis would take this XDD
October 19, 2017
One of the worst, most annoying films of the year and recent memory. With the exception of Jason Momoa, no one involved walks away from this debacle with their dignity in tact. Willis is officially worthless.
½ September 27, 2017
Bruce Willis in drag
September 24, 2017
Bruce Willis just sucks ass now. Goodman gets a star though.
September 23, 2017
We thought the movie was entertaining. Why is everyone so stuck up? Just sit back and don't take life so seriously and you find yourselves enjoying this movie.
September 19, 2017
I suppose Bruce Willis has bills to pay, too. So this is about a deadbeat Private Investigator (Willis). He's working a case when his dog gets stolen, but if he can connect the dots, he will soon see that there are no coincidences. Now I knew nothing about this going in, I really just watched it because it was released this year and headlined Bruce Willis, albeit a direct-to-video offering. I had a disconnect with this almost immediately when this started when it introduced the 62-year-old Bruce Willis as a cool, hip, skateboarding detective, and not in an ironic way. It's preposterous in every sense of the word, and this is a movie that seems to believe that its star is still in his 1988 Die Hard heyday. Now this isn't an untalented cast, and there are recognizable faces to this. In addition to Willis, there is Adam Goldberg, Famke Janssen, Jason Momoa and John Goodman. Unfortunately, I believe that this was a film that subscribed to the Dr. Uwe Boll school of filmmaking in that these are actors that happened to be between movies and had a couple of days to spare, so why not make an extra buck. This is a film that has awkward sensibilities and doesn't know how to properly land a punch line. It's goofy and never in a good way, and it is filled to the brim with scenes that don't work in any capacity. What the makers of this think will work ends up being painful, and to top it all off, the editing pieces this together in a way that makes no sense, and I am even talking about gaps in logic within the same scene. There are a number of different times where you are trying to grasp what is going from on from one plot point to the next, and it doesn't fit together, which has everything to do with an amateur edit job. Even more flabbergasting is that this is about as basic of a crime movie as can be, so it really shouldn't have been all that complicated. I actively disliked the actor who played the role of the narrator (Thomas Middleditch), and he really struck me as a poor man's Joel Moore, which is not something I expected to ever write in this blog. There are so many subplots in this, it starts to feel like they are present just for padding sake, which is never a good sign in a 90-minute movie. It is clichéd to a fault, and there is absolutely positively no reason for anybody to waste their time on this, not that you have likely ever heard of this, anyway.
½ September 17, 2017
Reasonably enjoyable film with some funny moments
½ September 17, 2017
One of Bruce Willis's latest films is a very chaotic, comedy-based crime thriller. Unfortunately something went wrong and finally we got something as usual. The plot focuses on the perils of a corrupt cop / detective who loses his doggy through his shady business. An ordinary mongrel for whom the main character is ready for a skateboard in the same underwear. The script turned out to be a torn-down combo of many similar productions, and the actors did not even try to be convincing.
September 15, 2017
A fairly solid set of actors but not very good writing at all