One piece: Omatsuri danshaku to himitsu no shima (One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One piece: Omatsuri danshaku to himitsu no shima (One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) Reviews

December 12, 2012
I loved the animation and how stylistic it is, but there was too many things wrong with this movie for me for me to enjoy it. One being the story, and it's inconsistency with the characters. Luffy not being luffy enough through about 90% of the film, sanji and zoro letting their fighting get the better of them, nami's attitude towards usopp. Even after the goldfish trial, she stops second guessing the island, even Robin does this. The main villain being a push over for luffy,sanji, and zoro, but somehow gets the better of them with just an arrow. This whole "separating" the crew thing never seemed explained and just felt out of place. Luffy not being affected by his battle at the end (come on, wtf, thats stretching it (lol) a bit), or water from the sea. There is also long pauses in some scenes that made me think that they were only there to extend the length of the film. For now, fuck this movie.
December 11, 2012
THE best One Piece Movie
½ March 3, 2012
The Going Merry crew face their most dangerous opponent yet in Baron Omatsuri as they take the Ordeal Of Hell challenge on his paradise island that harbours a deadly secret which might spell the end for Luffy and his nakama.

What many will notice about this movie is the animation has changed, it's not in the usual One Piece style. Not that it made an ounce of difference to me. The movie storyline which is darker doesn't contain half as much action as the other 5 movies I've seen either which many annoy fans but I did feel that in Baron Omatsuri the Going Merry crew had met their match and was a worthy opponent for Luffy who was ready to die for letting down his nakama. The strong bond that exists between the 6 friends also breaks down which is very unusual. This is probably my favorite One Piece movie so far because it dares to be different and we see a new side to the Going Merry crew. For One Piece fans this is a must see.
June 18, 2011
Mamoru Hosoda does it again. The director of such anime gems as "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" and the fairly-recent "Summer Wars" takes the stereotypical shonen action franchise "One Piece" and crafts an excellent story, trading the manga's optimism and shouty fights with dark forebode and substantial terror. One does not need previous knowledge of "One Piece" to enjoy this film.
½ March 29, 2011

½ July 1, 2010
The animation style was steller and... kinda surreal. But I loved it. It's darker fair than the normal One Piece way, but it was tre cool. It's definitly my fav One Piece movie so far.
January 7, 2010
A little darker than you would expect from a One Piece movie, but it's still good. Although I felt that the film's villain could have been better. Good One Piece movie, probably shouldn't show to any kids under age 8.
January 7, 2010
Trama carina, stile disegno deiverso dal solito.
December 8, 2009
awesome...some may not have liked the change in art style and the darker tone, but I ate it up...I love this series!
½ August 31, 2009
Very deep movie, this time Luffy is pit against a struggle that he must face himself, his crew starts to fight with one another, or disagree with each other, then he fights for all of them, with a tear filled moment that he risks his life for them, aside from that, in the island, a loving coward father starts to understand the meaning of love-courage.