One Piece The Movie: Episode of Alabasta: The Desert Princess and the Pirates - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One Piece The Movie: Episode of Alabasta: The Desert Princess and the Pirates Reviews

½ August 23, 2008
It has a really great story and a sharp end.Excellent!! Almost perfect!!!
June 22, 2008
Not really good in fact.

Yes, it is really beautiful, but the story is so compressed that it lost the spirit of the manga.
½ June 18, 2008
I know I'd enjoy it because I'm sure it's a condensed version of the Crocodile Arc.
June 13, 2008

.'MLL;;;;;;;;LL;/'P[UY8U[POIK 4576E0P T5Y69-[7]
June 13, 2008
luffy is so freakin cool !!! hes awesome !!! and hes very very fune !! but its also cool that hes mede of rubber !! but i really lyk one pieces opening song its so freakin cool !!! : D
June 8, 2008
ugh they cut lots of good stuff.
June 8, 2008
my son so wants to see this
June 1, 2008
Very well done movie that summarized an entire story arc from the show. This is our first exposure to FUNimation's uncut dubbing and I must say that it is nothing short of superb!
May 17, 2008
Movie was alright, but thabnk you Funimation for reviving One Piece
May 15, 2008
As someone new to One Piece, this movie is a good way to catch up with the Alabasta arc. But given that it's a Cliff's note version, it is fun but choppy. I was going to give it a 2.5 stars, but upgrade it to 3 stars because (a) some of the aerial shots are impressive (b) it shows Sanji's cigarette!
½ May 9, 2008
actually i saw "One Piece: episode of chopper +", which was really good. I recommend you look for it if you are a -Piece fan. Anyway, i saw this too it was okay. the reg anime was better.
½ April 21, 2008
Good but there are parts that are a bit boring...
April 15, 2008
Consider me a fan of Monkey D. Luffy and crew. I'm not reviewing this as a film per se, given it neglects things that most films need, like, say, character development, but given its working with a set of established characters from a popular manga/anime series, I'll let that slide. I had a lot of fun watching this, as the humor is great, the fights are exciting, and the story kept me interested. Coming from a lifelong pirate literature/cinema nut, ONE PIECE is where it's at for pirate themed entertainment, so you can take your douchebag Jack Sparrow bullshit and shove it.
April 1, 2008
March 29, 2008
kawaii ne! tapi teteeeeeuuuppp roronoah zorro sexy abiiiissss :D
March 25, 2008
It is a movie that does a great job on summarizing the entire Alabasta story arc. I do not recommend this movie to anyone who has not either seen nor read the Alabasta story arc. There are some minor elements and side comments that would leave the uniformed baffles at them, i.e. when Luffy says to Vivi that she really can cry and that the fight scenes are really cut down. Other than that is is a great movie that should not be missed by any One Piece fan. Also Funimation did a great job a dubbing the voices and keeping the original names and not making unnecessary edits. Finally, Zoro is not Zolo and Sanji actually smokes and there is actual blood.
½ March 24, 2008
It is just a recap on the Alabasta Arc. I would rate it higher but there wasn't anything new....
½ March 24, 2008
March 2, 2008
it was a great movie. im always up for some one piece
February 27, 2008