One Cooks, the Other Doesn't Reviews

• May 15, 2015

One of the best feel good movies of the early 80's. Certainly a film that could do well with a remake or adaptation in a play form. This movie will cure a hangover, cure the blues and make you feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside.... if you can find it. This movie is a gem. A gutsy original storyline with a star studded cast. Joseph Bologna as the "once great Max Boone" makes a terrific performance as a down and out real estate agent who shares special and often at times humorous moments with his son, Benjamin played by Evan Richards. Suanne Pleshette steals the show with her performance as Joanne, a marketing campaign manager who, after rejecting the sexual advances of her boss, is fired causing a series of unfortunate events which kicks off the storyline at the start of the movie. Joanne is Max's ex wife. Rosanna Arquette plays the role of Tracy, a young 20 something who is currently Max's new wife. I've tried to leave out as many spoilers as I can. I have rewatched this movie at least over 50 times, a great retro feel good movie that will leave you satisfied.