One Crazy Summer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One Crazy Summer Reviews

½ April 6, 2017
Just ok. Sometimes funny, more times than not it isn't. Most characters are unlikable. The subplot of betting the house (pun intended) on the regatta, same concept as Summer Rental, which was released before this one. Great cast, mostly falls flat.
May 3, 2016
Loved this movie. 100% wacky. Many of the events didn't make much sense and I think that is what endowed this film with its charm. The cast was great. I will definitely be adding this to my movie collection soon
December 19, 2015
Better than 'Better Off Dead'! Formula end but crazy original!
½ March 11, 2015
Not even accidentally funny.
January 25, 2015
Standard, cheesy '80s movie. Not spectacular, but fair fare.
½ October 25, 2014
Some humor, but also kind of stupid.
July 19, 2013
One of my FAVs when I as an 1980s teen! ;)
June 25, 2013
Worth it for Bobcat Goldthwait alone.
June 24, 2013
For all its nonsense this movie is just plain funny and fun to watch! loved this when i was a teen and still love it today! classic 80's zany ness!
April 25, 2013
Haven't seen this in 20 years, still.... one of my favorites
January 23, 2013
A Classic 80s summer romp. Not much meaning, but lots o' fun.
January 13, 2013
One of those fun 80's movies I hadn't seen in a good long while; gave it a re-watch on cable last night.

This holds up rather well, though some of the slapstick caught me by surprise, as I didn't remember the film all that well and wasn't prepared for the pratfalls and what have you. All in all, this is a funny flick that's worth another look if you're a fan of the talent involved, especially Cusack or vintage Demi Moore.

Give it another look.
½ December 5, 2012
I have a soft spot for this because I saw it when I was a kid, I love Cusack, and Demi Moore was hot when she was still factory-equipped.
½ September 23, 2012
a cartoonist is somebody that does draw-ings!
August 25, 2012
a great 80's movie theater
July 23, 2012
Love this film! I own it!
July 22, 2012
"One Crazy Summer" is definitely One Crazy Summer! This film shows how summertime should be & truly fits the title: Crazy. Humorous acting, wacky characters, perfect settings (on a island), great story, fantastic summer music, & tons of fun. The summer of a lifetime is the season for me & so is this film!
June 23, 2012
May have been higher if I had seen it in high school. Gets better the more it is quoted.
June 11, 2012
John Cusack made 2 movies with Savage Steve Holland. One was "Better Off Dead" and the other was this one, though it's not as good as "Better off Dead" it's still very very funny.
½ June 7, 2012