One Crazy Summer - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One Crazy Summer Reviews

May 3, 2016
Loved this movie. 100% wacky. Many of the events didn't make much sense and I think that is what endowed this film with its charm. The cast was great. I will definitely be adding this to my movie collection soon
December 19, 2015
Better than 'Better Off Dead'! Formula end but crazy original!
½ March 11, 2015
Not even accidentally funny.
January 25, 2015
Standard, cheesy '80s movie. Not spectacular, but fair fare.
½ October 25, 2014
Some humor, but also kind of stupid.
July 19, 2013
One of my FAVs when I as an 1980s teen! ;)
June 25, 2013
Worth it for Bobcat Goldthwait alone.
June 24, 2013
For all its nonsense this movie is just plain funny and fun to watch! loved this when i was a teen and still love it today! classic 80's zany ness!
April 25, 2013
Haven't seen this in 20 years, still.... one of my favorites
January 23, 2013
A Classic 80s summer romp. Not much meaning, but lots o' fun.
January 13, 2013
One of those fun 80's movies I hadn't seen in a good long while; gave it a re-watch on cable last night.

This holds up rather well, though some of the slapstick caught me by surprise, as I didn't remember the film all that well and wasn't prepared for the pratfalls and what have you. All in all, this is a funny flick that's worth another look if you're a fan of the talent involved, especially Cusack or vintage Demi Moore.

Give it another look.
½ December 5, 2012
I have a soft spot for this because I saw it when I was a kid, I love Cusack, and Demi Moore was hot when she was still factory-equipped.
½ September 23, 2012
a cartoonist is somebody that does draw-ings!
August 25, 2012
a great 80's movie theater
July 23, 2012
Love this film! I own it!
July 22, 2012
"One Crazy Summer" is definitely One Crazy Summer! This film shows how summertime should be & truly fits the title: Crazy. Humorous acting, wacky characters, perfect settings (on a island), great story, fantastic summer music, & tons of fun. The summer of a lifetime is the season for me & so is this film!
June 23, 2012
May have been higher if I had seen it in high school. Gets better the more it is quoted.
June 11, 2012
John Cusack made 2 movies with Savage Steve Holland. One was "Better Off Dead" and the other was this one, though it's not as good as "Better off Dead" it's still very very funny.
½ June 7, 2012
Very funny 80's comedy before Cusack became a loser
½ June 7, 2012
Idiotic in some places but an enjoyable movie.