One Crazy Summer Reviews

• Apr 21, 2019

Bobcat as Godzilla is 80’s Cinema at its finest.

Bobcat as Godzilla is 80’s Cinema at its finest.

• Apr 19, 2019

Better off dead is still one of the funniest cult teen movie of the 80's. One Crazy Summer tried to follow in its footsteps. Good verses Evil, romance, strange secondary characters and a different style of weird humor. I felt Better off Dead pulled this premise off better. Curtis Armstrong was much better in his roll in BOD than here. The ski race was more compelling than the boat race. All this said OCS is not without its charms and of course any movie with Mark Metcalf is always fun to watch. Unlike BOD, Weird Science and others it wont land in my personal collection but I admit, anytime its on cable I'm watching.

• Mar 16, 2019

One Crazy Summer tries really hard to be the next great screwball comedy. It's as if they said, "Remember all that fun we had filming Better Off Dead? Let's do that again! Just go crazy whenever the camera is rolling." There were some parts that made me laugh, but overall this is a ridiculous and forgettable movie.

• Mar 12, 2018

Better off Dead's ugly sibling. Pretty good, but how can anything live up to such a wonderful predecessor?

• Sep 18, 2017

Not as strong as The Sure Thing and Better Off Dead, though neither is Cusack's performance as strong as said films.

• Apr 06, 2017

Just ok. Sometimes funny, more times than not it isn't. Most characters are unlikable. The subplot of betting the house (pun intended) on the regatta, same concept as Summer Rental, which was released before this one. Great cast, mostly falls flat.

• Dec 19, 2015

Better than 'Better Off Dead'! Formula end but crazy original!

Better than 'Better Off Dead'! Formula end but crazy original!

• Nov 22, 2015

Loved this movie. 100% wacky. Many of the events didn't make much sense and I think that is what endowed this film with its charm. The cast was great. I will definitely be adding this to my movie collection soon

• Mar 11, 2015

Not even accidentally funny.

Not even accidentally funny.

• Oct 25, 2014

Some humor, but also kind of stupid.

Some humor, but also kind of stupid.