One Day in Europe Reviews

• Aug 08, 2015

Cuatro historias distintas alrededor de un partido de fútbol. No todos los relatos se sienten bien resueltos. El mejor es el ambientado en Santiago de Compostela.

• Dec 23, 2010

"One day in Europe" c'est un peu le "Night on Earth" de Hannes Stoehr. Sauf que, comme le titre l'indique, ça se passe de jour et en Europe seulement. Et il n'y a des taxis que dans les deux premiers segments (sur 4), le fil conducteur etant ici une hypothetique finale de Champions' League entre La Corogne et Galatasaray. Tres hypothetique... Il y a une chose commune à tous les sketchs qui composent le film, leur trame tout simplement. Des touristes, soit naïfs soit vicieux, se retrouvent en contact avec la police defaillante du pays etranger qu'ils visitent suite au vol (ou a la simulation de...) de leurs effets personnels. Et la je me demande quel message le realisateur/scenariste a voulu faire passer...

• Jun 08, 2010

4 same/similar scenario plotlines happened in Moscow, Istanbul, Santiago de Compostela & Berlin. Not as good as I expected. Not all 4 stories are equally good (even 1 or 2 relatively better ones have its flaws too indeed). Nevertheless, quite interesting overall still.

• Dec 05, 2009

Between 2.5 and 3. Funny and amusing, interesting about interaction of people from different countries, but gives the feeling it only scratches the surface.

• Nov 19, 2009

Soccer, soccer hooligans and street opportunists during futball mania all around Europe. And we thought we had it bad when the Bulls won!

• Mar 27, 2009

So Europe's not that big, huh? Stereotypical, but quite entertaining.

So Europe's not that big, huh? Stereotypical, but quite entertaining.

• Feb 23, 2009

One Day in Europe (2005) not (1961)

One Day in Europe (2005) not (1961)

• Feb 05, 2009

What the small world!!!

What the small world!!!

• Nov 22, 2008

I SO identified with this movie as I'd been through a theft while I'm on a train in Eastern Europe. THank god for travelling insurance. And I guess it's funny when the concept of insurance doesn't register on the movie's russian lady, as she was exclaiming that non-Russian government gives out money to those poor souls who got robbed! (Albeit the fact she may be pretending to be ignorant... considering the son was the one who planned out the theft...) This is an interesting collection of 4 short stories...good light watch for a lazy sunday afternoon!

• Nov 20, 2008

Film comprised of 4 stories, set in Russia, Turkey, Spain and Berlin. First story about a lady foreigner got robbed at the streets of Moscow and how a local lady who witnessed the incident helped her with the police report. Very funny depiction of the ineffiency of the police force in Russia. This story is my favourite as the casts were really good and I like the ending, as it leaves much to the imagination. Second story sets in Istanbul whereby a German tourist claimed to be robbed (in order to get money thru insurance. Insurance together with robbery is an often recurring topics in the film. He is helped by a very helpful taxi driver. It's funny how he tried to conjure stories to make up his lies. Third story is set in Santiago, whereby a Hungarian tourist got robbed (again!) and lost all his precious photos taken during his walking tour across Europe. It's frustrating and sad to see how he has to cope with the nonchalancy of the local police force. In tne end, he has to resign to his fate that he would never get back his camera and photos. Last tale set in Berlin, in which a French couple were touring Europe by performing mime. But the money is not what they expected and they become hard on money. The guy contemplate 'fake robbery' to claim insurance (again!) and where can you get robbed when you are in the 'safest city' in Europe? It's funny how they tried to find some immigrant communities just to get 'robbed'. In the end, the plan backfired. These four tales took place in different places but on the same day, where there is a major football match between 2 fictional teams. Therefore, the football fever theme runs through the 4 tales and sort of 'stitch up' the story.