One Down, Two to Go - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One Down, Two to Go Reviews

June 6, 2015
You don't need that gun in here.

Two detectives on the police force go after an underground gangster that also is responsible for the death of their friend. Their friend was in a fight tournament that he was paid off to lose which led to his death. The detectives utilize their womanizing skill sets to extort information and sink the gangster.

"You may be an expert in Kung Fu but I'm an expert in gun fu."

Fred Williamson, director of Down N' Dirty, Vegas Vampires, Mean Johnny Barrows, South Beach, Silent Hunter, The Big Score, The Last Fight, and Death Journey, delivers One Down, Two to Go. The storyline for this picture is below average and nothing special. The acting is also disappointing and the cast includes Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, Jim Kelly, Richard Roundtree, and Victoria Hale.

"You always enter the shower with your gun?"

I came across this film on Netflix and decided to give it a shot. This was a below average blaxploitation film. I am generally a fan of these grindhouse classics but this was a bit disappointing. Overall, I recommend skipping this unless you are a blaxploitation diehard fan.

"I know what she wanted."

Grade: C-
June 5, 2015
finally found a copy... at Sears!
½ November 9, 2011
The badassness of the blaxploitation cast in One Down, Two to Go in Fred Williamson, Jim Brown, Jim Kelly & Richard Roundtree is enough to thrill me. It's a little to bad that this didn't come out in the 70s & embraced the genre. Almost lost because the genre had played itself out my 82. That's probably why these stars got together to restart their careers. The thing of it all is that movies that are actually directed by Fred Williamson are watchable but they are never exceptional. All 4 are cooler then the project itself but there are plenty of opportunities for them to let you know why you love then so much if your a fan & by having them all you're never bored.. plus it has the added bonus of having Joe Spinell in it even though I wish it was more
January 4, 2011
a.k.a. "'Nothing Special' starring Fred Williamson and Richard Roundtree".
May 6, 2009
ON ABAT LES BLANCS!
PAS A BALLES A BLANC!
LES PUTES BLANCHES SONT AVIDES AUSSI!
ASSISES SUR NOS NOIRS ZIZI!
March 15, 2009
Kind of felt like practice for "Original Gangstas". The stars are here but there is no soul. It's just lifeless and boring.
October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.