One Lucky Elephant Reviews

• May 26, 2013

Very sad in a way, to see the after effects of what capture and culling of elephants in the wild does. I am glad that Flora has gone on to a happy life, but it is a pity it is at such sad costs. Feel sorry for her previous owner, but did feel the man was in denial about her misbehaviour.

• Dec 27, 2012

Touching and thought-provoking story that examines humans' relations with circus animals, and where they go when it's time for retirement.

• Nov 14, 2012

A well done documentry. It doesn't change my opinion of people with exotic pets.

• Sep 05, 2012

A deeply personal and emotional documentary about a man and his elephant, One Lucky Elephant outlines the relationship developed between a human and an animal all the while providing enough background on the captivity and management of elephants.

• May 25, 2012

I liked it but it was kind of heart breaking. Any movie about circus animals can be hard to watch. He was a well cared for animal however....so not heartbreaking in that sense.

• Jan 04, 2012

This show highlights the exact reason I boycott circuses...mainly because of the elephants. At least this man treated her really well and recognized she needed a different life. I hope this film raises awareness of the plight of wild animals who need a better life of freedom, if not in the wild again, then to live out their lives in a sanctuary of some sort.

• Dec 02, 2011

I've been in love with Elephants since I was a kid and went to see Raja at the St. Louis Zoo. This story brought tears to my eyes more than once. I am a supporter of The Elephant Sanctuary in Tennessee. I think the work they do there is amazing. This story is so touching and I hope others see it and discover the struggle it is for these wild beasts to live in captivity, even under the best possible conditions.

• Jun 10, 2011

I loved the whole story!! It was predictable, but it was it was a great ride..

I loved the whole story!! It was predictable, but it was it was a great ride..

• Jun 06, 2011

When it comes to documentaries about human beings and their passionate love for certain mammals, I'd recommend Project Nim instead.

• Matthew L Super Reviewer
    Jun 02, 2011

A remarkable documentary about a man an his elephant, a decade spanning love story between circus master David Balding and his elephant, Flora, who after 16 years realizes that she no longer enjoys performing. So he sets out to find a new home for her, a task that is more difficult than he could have ever imagined. Thoughtfully examines the plight of animals in captivity and the bond between human and animal. This is a moving real life WATER FOR ELEPHANTS.