One Man's Justice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One Man's Justice Reviews

April 4, 2014
The Boz is out for justice, lord help us.
½ December 26, 2013
While I actually like Brian Bosworth the rest of the movie is pure crap. The story is a mess, the acting is abysmal and the action scenes are fairly tame. Skip this movie at all costs!
½ June 26, 2013
This was just my way of closing out awful action night, and I'd still almost prefer this to Stallone.
½ May 16, 2013
If Olivier Gruner was a top B-list action man, or the poor man's JCVD, then Brian Bosworth must be one of the best D-list action men. His filmography is short and features few well known films, other than this film you have 'Stone Cold', his best action vehicles.

So this is a really in depth intelligent well acted film that...no not really. A man fresh out of the military and with special skills in kicking ass, but its not long before his world is brought crashing down when some drug dealers kill his wife and child. I think we all know what happens next here...lots of gun totting revenge baby, oh and some ass kicking.

The main quirk here is the crooked FBI agent played by the wonderful Bruce Payne who is sporting one of the most ridiculous wigs I've seen. Not since Travolta in 'Swordfish' have I seen such a campy stupid looking hairdo, and its blonde!. Not only this but Payne's character also has a nose ring! would the FBI really allow one of their top men to look like this?!.

So off goes Bosworth as he looks for the men that killed his family, not as much out n out ass kicking as you'd expect, amazingly there is quite a bit of plot involved here. Nothing major but its not all explosions and blood put it that way, can be a bit jumbled at times. I kinda forgot what exactly Payne's character is trying to do but hey its all gonna end predictably so who cares right.

The other added bonus here is the inclusion of another top baddie character actor in Jeff Kober who always looks so damn evil, got a face like a demon. Oh and MC Hammer is in here too, although he's easy to miss without his clown pants on. Not the greatest action film in the world but its not too bad, if it wasn't for the terminally nasty Bruce Payne and Kober then it would be completely forgettable.
April 7, 2013
Bosworth does the impossible and tops his legendary perforamnce in 1991's classic Stone Cold. His wife and son get killed so he sets out to wipe out the scum that did this.
April 21, 2012
I love this movie, there are scenes that you do not see in other movies and Brian Bosworth does an excellent job of avenging the death of his daughter and ex-wife.
½ August 22, 2011
Great action film- Payne was awesome as the villain, Karl Savak.
August 17, 2010
One of the most hilariously awful movies ever made. And to think its director moved on to do 'Equilibrium'!
½ April 3, 2010
Interesting...and not in a good way. This has to be one of the most illogical films I've seen in awhile. It was a very senseless action movie with a lot of non believable situations and overly choreographed fight sequences.
January 13, 2010
I guess if someone was to ask you in one word to describe the movie "One Man's Justice", that word would probably be stupid. Yea...this movie was just stupid. It takes everything that you would expect from a stupid, senseless action movie, and times it by 1,000. It's just ridiculous.

So yes...it's one of those plots where a guy's wife and daughter are killed and he's gotta go after the guys who did it. That's your plot...with a little addition of a street kid who needs to learn some lessons in respect. So basically for a premise....I've seen it a million times so that's all I can say for that.

The film's acting is obviously atrocious. I actually have no idea who any of these people are, so it wasn't really entertaining at all. All of the performances were below amateur, and it made it really frustrating to watch.

I was actually a little impressed with some of the fight scenes in the movie. Some of the disarming sequences were done quite well for a film like this, but this little positive aspect could not stack up against the amount of horribleness this movie actually has.

Not much to say....it's a corny, senseless shoot 'em up, which at certain times, tries to be sentimental and just completely fails, due to horrible acting, and disgusting video editing and transitions. "One Man's Justice", was a complete waste of time.
January 13, 2010

½ July 30, 2009
Comedically brutal action film. Kinda in the traditional Steven Seagal kinda breaking-a-guy's-wrist-and-shooting-him-with-his-own-gun way, but more so in featuring scene after scene of children dying and that kind of thing.
½ February 7, 2009
another awesome movie of brian bosworths and i admit, bruce payne is hilarious in it lol!
October 24, 2008
this film`s title is actually "One Tough Bastard". and it stars Bruce Payne as a sadistic prick that kills John North`s (Bosworth) family. and yes this is a revenge flick. watch it, it is an entertaining b-movie.
½ July 29, 2008
The Wizard of Boz kicks untold amounts of ass in highly entertaining trash from the writer/director of Equilibrium. Yes, that's MC Hammer as the drug lord. Originally titled: One Tough Bastard. Really.