One Missed Call 2 - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

One Missed Call 2 Reviews

½ December 20, 2009
The sequel to One Missed Call is a big mess all around which ends up confusing the viewer. It has it's moments but not enough to keep anybody but the die hard J-horror fan interested.
November 30, 2009
"Chakushin Ari 2" is scary like most of the Asian horror movies, and has a promising beginning supported by a good sequel of Takashi Miike's "Chakushin Ari". I saw both movies in sequence and I found many explanations about characters and situations of the first movie. However, like in the first story, the conclusion the movie is confused.
October 12, 2009
A little difficult to follow but still very good, and scary!
September 12, 2009
That was a cool and fun ride.
September 8, 2009
me espantO muxO esta! :D
July 30, 2009
nowhere as good as the first one. still involved some really scary things. but things are getting more complicated as they try to track the origin of the curse.

there goes my question again.... why a deadly missed call????

and nope. the answer remains unclear.
July 24, 2009
nt as gd as first one
½ July 16, 2009
Not as good as the other two, but it wasn't awful and didn't try to add new creative things that ended up really failing. But the conclusion isn't quite as frighting or stable as the other two.
July 10, 2009
I can't believe it, but the first movie, which was terrible, was actually better than this one.
July 9, 2009
Not as good as the first but still beats out the Americans version of the first.....
July 9, 2009
It was okay.... I think I may have liked the first one better.
½ June 22, 2009
The whole film felt like a very formulaic horror movie goose chase. But it does wrap up what happened in the first film, and this ending is much better. Additionally, there are a few interesting ideas in the film, such as the twin sister being killed and raped by the stranger on the other end of the phone. However, (spoiler) the girl in the coal mine was completely random and had absolutely nothing to do with the storyline of the previous film. That was indeed very disapointing.
½ June 21, 2009
not scary and rather boring. poop.
June 20, 2009
I was more confused about the ending than the first one, hah. Maybe subtitles could've been better?
April 30, 2009
April 30, 2009
I have to give my honest opinion here and this film does not live up to the expectations i had, Loved the first one but this isnt for me at all have 2 give it a 2
March 22, 2009
sssccaaaarrryyy.. the girl is so pretty too!!!
March 16, 2009
The story line is a little confusing and awkward to explain but i'll give it a shot...

(apology's in advance if i make it sound a tad confusing)

Basically this and the first One Missed Call films are based on a story were these young adults/students start receiving phone calls from their own mobile phone numbers and the ringtone that sounds out is one that they havn't downloaded on their phone ever before.

once it starts ringing, they notice it's their own number calling with this mysterious ringtone but they don't answer it, then they get the message "One missed call"..they open the message and there's a voice message been left. they listen to it and it's actually themselves leaving the message.

The date and time the messages have been left are 'from the future' (just a matter of days) but thats the time and date they die, so basically it's themselves telling them what they say the minute before they actually die.

It's a young girls spirit that is doing all these killings. She had died a couple years before hand because her mother neglected her having an asthma attack and left her to die. When this young girls ghost/spirit kills one person she uses the dead persons mobile phone to call the next victim, but it still comes up showing it's their own number calling (yeh confusing, i know) these are innocent people she's killing off. they're just random people, but i'm guessing it's revenge for her seeings her mother didn't help her when she died...or maybe she's just doing it for a laugh, i dunno, lol. but it's a great, creepy classic Asian film.

However, in this second film, they're continuing from the first so the students have heard about these killings from the past but obviously thought it was a 'wives tale' and they wern't true stories...but they were still investigating it because they hadn't come to a conclusion of how and why these killings where happening, so they were still happening and the reporters and police continued with the story behind the killings as obviously they're happening again...anywho, i can't wait to get the 3rd One Missed Call! ^_^

It's one of those "you have to watch the first one to understand this one, then you have to watch the third one to complete the whole story"

Its as good as the first one...brilliant!
February 26, 2009
one missed call 5xfreaking scared
this movie is the scariest movie i ever seen
½ February 15, 2009