One piece: Omatsuri danshaku to himitsu no shima (One Piece: Baron Omatsuri and the Secret Island) Reviews

• Mar 30, 2018

This was a good movie. The only pre-2009 One Piece film I consider on a level high enough to be worthy of the name.

• Dec 12, 2012

I loved the animation and how stylistic it is, but there was too many things wrong with this movie for me for me to enjoy it. One being the story, and it's inconsistency with the characters. Luffy not being luffy enough through about 90% of the film, sanji and zoro letting their fighting get the better of them, nami's attitude towards usopp. Even after the goldfish trial, she stops second guessing the island, even Robin does this. The main villain being a push over for luffy,sanji, and zoro, but somehow gets the better of them with just an arrow. This whole "separating" the crew thing never seemed explained and just felt out of place. Luffy not being affected by his battle at the end (come on, wtf, thats stretching it (lol) a bit), or water from the sea. There is also long pauses in some scenes that made me think that they were only there to extend the length of the film. For now, fuck this movie.

• Dec 11, 2012

THE best One Piece Movie

THE best One Piece Movie

• Jun 18, 2011

Mamoru Hosoda does it again. The director of such anime gems as "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" and the fairly-recent "Summer Wars" takes the stereotypical shonen action franchise "One Piece" and crafts an excellent story, trading the manga's optimism and shouty fights with dark forebode and substantial terror. One does not need previous knowledge of "One Piece" to enjoy this film.

• Mar 29, 2011

The Going Merry crew face their most dangerous opponent yet in Baron Omatsuri as they take the Ordeal Of Hell challenge on his paradise island that harbours a deadly secret which might spell the end for Luffy and his nakama. What many will notice about this movie is the animation has changed, it's not in the usual One Piece style. Not that it made an ounce of difference to me. The movie storyline which is darker doesn't contain half as much action as the other 5 movies I've seen either which many annoy fans but I did feel that in Baron Omatsuri the Going Merry crew had met their match and was a worthy opponent for Luffy who was ready to die for letting down his nakama. The strong bond that exists between the 6 friends also breaks down which is very unusual. This is probably my favorite One Piece movie so far because it dares to be different and we see a new side to the Going Merry crew. For One Piece fans this is a must see.

• Mar 29, 2011

• Mar 31, 2010

The animation style was steller and... kinda surreal. But I loved it. It's darker fair than the normal One Piece way, but it was tre cool. It's definitly my fav One Piece movie so far.

• Jan 07, 2010

Trama carina, stile disegno deiverso dal solito.

Trama carina, stile disegno deiverso dal solito.

• Dec 23, 2009

A little darker than you would expect from a One Piece movie, but it's still good. Although I felt that the film's villain could have been better. Good One Piece movie, probably shouldn't show to any kids under age 8.

• Dec 08, 2009

awesome...some may not have liked the change in art style and the darker tone, but I ate it up...I love this series!