The Only Good Indian - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Only Good Indian Reviews

½ January 7, 2012
Good movie that reminds people of the crazy stuff we were still doing to the native Americans through the early nineteen hundreds.
½ February 24, 2011
Provides a rarely seen view into the life of a Native American boy in the early 1900s who, like many Native Americans at the time, was compelled to leave his home and attend a boarding school. The acting is good and it's beautifully shot, but the pacing was a bit awkward.
½ October 3, 2010
Fine film noire, with Indian heroics, not the traditional "White Cowboy" nonsense. Don't wish to give anything away. See it .
½ July 15, 2010
Beautiful shots and a very touching story. I only wish that there was more of the native languages spoken, but that's just me. I did notice the lack of a big soundtrack but really...I wasn't too bothered by it. Sometimes the music can get in the way of the story and I think it was easier to connect with the emotion of the film, making it feel more real.
½ November 9, 2009
a unique story that is never told by by the big studios...this movie has a real voice in todays climate.....it was also cool to see the work of friends that worked on the film
August 2, 2009
I wanted this to be great, but despite Wes Studi's best efforts, it is only really good. I did get to meet mr. Studi this morning though at the festival screening and he was gracious and as cool in person as he is on screen. Tidbit from the Q&A: In trying to get distribution for the film, an unnamed big studio asked if they would reshoot studi's scenes with him on a Horse instead of a motorcycle to make it more "western." Seriously. jackasses!