Only Human (Seres queridos) Reviews

• Aug 01, 2013

The daughter of a crazy Spanish Jewish family comes home with her new fiancé, who claims to be a proud Palestinan. A mixture of slapstick comedy and family drama with heavy political and religious undertones; an ambitious project that ends up feeling inconsistent due to the poor script and the unappealing characters that leave the audience feeling cold.

• Jesse O Super Reviewer
    Mar 29, 2012

Definitely an entertaining comedy with solid writing and a great cast. But it's another movie that ends up peaking way too early. It's also another movie that thinks it's more clever than it actually is, and at the same time the characters end up reading like something out of a more adult sitcom. There's no real character progression, with the exception of the mother and the father's relationship and Rafi and Leni's eventual 'discussion' about Jewish and Palestinian issues at the end. And this scene is another thing I have an issue with. It's left until the very end of the movie, so the movie is pretty much a build-up to that moment but when they finally have it, the conversation ends up feeling so forced and contrived that it may have been better if they just left it off. It was a good idea, but it just didn't work in execution. And, again, I liked this movie. It was fun to watch, it had funny moments, though, again, I think the movie tries too hard to be funny. It has a great cast and good enough writing that the movie is still good in spite of all the problems I had with it.

• Aug 22, 2011

pretty funny the culture clash provides the fuel 4 this one.

pretty funny the culture clash provides the fuel 4 this one.

• May 31, 2011

Amusing. I LOLed a few times.

Amusing. I LOLed a few times.

• Cynthia S Super Reviewer
    May 31, 2011

A good portion of this movie was just wacky fun! It is chock full of unusual situations, and funny characters. But then it tends to go overboard on the "crazy and funny" family situations...too the point of stupid, not funny. HOWEVER, the movie as a whole is definitely worth checking out. There are some hysterical situations that I will remember for some time.

• May 22, 2011

Some scenes were funny. The story was weak, but ok. It reminds me those comedies with Ben Stiller.

• Dec 02, 2010

This is a delightful comedy!

This is a delightful comedy!

• Oct 19, 2010

it is so hilarious and funny .

it is so hilarious and funny .

• Oct 08, 2010

Absolutely hilarious!!

Absolutely hilarious!!

• Sep 27, 2010

Some laugh out loud moments with a serious theme that is not taken so seriously.