Only the Strong Survive - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Only the Strong Survive Reviews

November 25, 2011
I've seen an Isaac Hayes concert and it was terrible. Even Shaft was poorly reproduced.
November 13, 2008
Soul is not my prefered type of music,so i didn't think the docummentary has a lot to offer me. Still, the language works really well.
½ August 11, 2008
A sweet, although lacking in depth, memorable portrait of a group of soul singers who shine even if the general public dont take notice. Some great performances.
½ June 19, 2008
Ok, so get together a bunch of washed up has-been soul singers that never had any real hits, let them play concerts in front of 100 people thinking they're the cream of the crop reminiscing about the good ol' days and that's what you have here. The craziest, funniest, more torturous 95 mins of my life.
½ November 10, 2007
this is nice. it's not as stinging as 'wattstax', nor does it encapsulate a history making event like 'woodstock' but the concert footage is great and the performances are wonderful!
½ March 11, 2007
Only good memories come from reliving this music, I sometimes feel bad for the younguns, I know they can listen to it now, but you had to have been in that era, to know what I mean.