Porte Aperte (Open Doors) Reviews

John B Super Reviewer
    Feb 06, 2012

Great drama that I think is accentuated by its placement within the Fascist area of Italian history which has been somewhat avoided in film..or at least the films that I have seen. Capital punishment debated under extreme circumstances.

• Feb 21, 2009

This movie is a hard one to watch especially because of the very violent beginning, but if you go through that you find a story within the story that is deep of significance, beautiful on a cinematographic level, interesting as historic view, and much more. Watch it and you'll see what I mean.

• Jan 01, 2009

Gian Maria Volonte' e Ennio Fantastichini straordinari in un film intenso e di grande impegno civile, dove i silenzi pesano come macigni. A great and intense Italian drama not to be missed.

• Oct 17, 2008

Amelio's adaptation of Sciascia's novella, is a beautiful and civilized film. Volonte is an italian Olivier in the lead role.