Open Range - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Open Range Reviews

November 9, 2017
One of the best Westerns I've ever seen and the shootout in the end is the icing on the cake.
October 14, 2017
Had to mine out this Gold.. Well written, directed, a tremendous performance of Kevin Costner ...
September 21, 2017
Great script done well for most part.
August 12, 2017
A fine Western with plenty of heart and a fantastic final shootout. Annette Bening is a letdown as the love interest but that is my only qualm.
May 19, 2017
One of the most entertaining westerns ever!
April 28, 2017
Tedious and drawn out. Found it hard to watch the whole thing.
½ January 13, 2017
It's about as good as a modern day western gets..
September 5, 2016
Costner ought to stick to Westerns; they suit both him and the genre.
August 1, 2016
Overly long, derivative, lacking in plausibility. When is the last time you saw a "cowboy" firing two pistols at once- Roy Rogers?
½ July 30, 2016
One of the most underrated movies of the past 20 years. Watched it the first time and liked it. Watched it again and loved it, particularly the camaraderie between Costner and Duvall and the amazing shootout scene at the end. Who knows? Might end up being a classic.
July 23, 2016
I admit it's been a while since I've seen it, but I remember enjoying the hell out of it.
½ July 19, 2016
(+) Views of great american grasslands
(-) everything else
July 16, 2016
140 minutes of tedious, sappy cliche'. Painful to watch.
½ July 14, 2016
nice old school western styles...top notch
could be the last great western...for a while
May 2, 2016
Shamelessly recycles nearly every classic western trope in american history. The scrpit is embarrassingly trite too. Kevin Costner manages to somehow take his vacuous acting ability to a whole new level of retardation. There is almost something hypnotically shallow about watching him perform. I felt sorry for Duvall, but then I really don't think he gives much of a shit these days. Open Range might have had all the dramatic punch of a "little house on the prairie" episode; except it's about five times as long and diluted with unfathomably shallow and redundant "filler" material that's oddly reminiscent of some cornball 1950s Disney movie. The only thing Kevin Costner has chemistry with is plywood.
April 25, 2016
Fantastic Western! Costner at his typical best!!

Don't look for trouble, but don't take any either!
April 21, 2016
Open Range (2003) ???
Corrupt lawman challenges Costner, threatening him and his lifelong hard work of cattle. Ultimately powerful, moving, intelligent Western also benefits from top performances from its cast. A sweeping adventure, despite a simple storyline.
February 13, 2016
Love this movie- love the scenery- love the plot - love the acting~love the best scene~"are you the man who killed out friend?"
January 28, 2016
Terrific in every regard - scenery, scope, plot, acting, action. In the Top 5 best western ever for me. Duval is perfect.
½ January 26, 2016
Ĺrtusindets hidtil bedste western holdt til et gensyn 12 ĺr efter. Hvor er den film dog bare skidegod. Kemien mellem Costner og Duvall er fantastisk.