Reviews

• Jul 11, 2021

This review contains spoilers. It's been a tough, very tough day. I have seen all 4 films in the saga and I honestly still don't understand who requested these sequels. The former was decent, but nothing that hinted at pure direct-to-video sequels. This film, hoping to be the last, is the one that comes closest to the first film, proposing the same settings and the same characters as the villain, the best part of the first film. While it is nice to remember how it all began, throughout the film I asked myself a question: when the hell is this film set? There are none of the characters present in the sequels and if you think of a placement immediately after the first, it still makes no sense because Mr Weenie in the first chapter has abandoned his mistress while here she seems to be linked to us as in the sequels. In short, it is a film hung in time that does not have a well-specified location. Returning to the real movie, the story is more reminiscent of a bad Halloween special than a movie. Boog's arcs are highly predictable, and the second act is peppered with bad comedy. The characters are also managed in an optimal way, focusing throughout the film on a few characters, practically the opposite of the third. Despite this, Elliot remains an unlikeable and pain in the ass character throughout the film. Indeed, perhaps here he gave his worst performance. The bad guy, whom I liked to see again, however, is not convinced as in the first one, but it is always a not bad performance. The others are one-dimensional, as in the previous ones, and offer nothing special. Mr Weenie, especially in the third act, also becomes an annoying presence. The animations have improved compared to the previous 2 chapters, ensuring at least ok graphics. In summary, Open Season 4 is easily the worst of the franchise, leaving out even the most basic of time frames for a product that is sometimes boring and not very stimulating. With shallow characters, childish comedy, and a great deal of time confusion, Open Season 4 was best kept lost in time.

• Jan 29, 2021

• Mar 30, 2020

it was trash and weird.

it was trash and weird.

• Jul 29, 2018

Well, as of the 2016, it was awesomeness, great story, great lines, and awesome repise Melissa Storm, 9.8/10

• Feb 12, 2017

It is a good family film

It is a good family film

• Dec 29, 2016

One of the top 2 best in the Open Season series.

One of the top 2 best in the Open Season series.

• Dec 27, 2016

I enjoyed this 4th sequel as it kept it's story interesting with all the characters