Armour of God (Long xiong hu di) (Operation Condor 2) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Armour of God (Long xiong hu di) (Operation Condor 2) Reviews

½ July 26, 2016
Released in the US as a sequel to "Operation Condor," this film was actually filmed five years earlier and was the original film in the Jackie Chan riff on Indiana Jones. This film is not as big as the 1991 sequel, but it does feature some spectacular students and I would argue some better fight scenes than the 1991 film. However, I think I do prefer the bigger budget sequel than this original film, although this film does feature a stunt in which Jackie very nearly died, which is certainly something of note.
½ June 5, 2016
Good blend of humour and martial arts, especially the last sequence where Jackie Chan demonstrates all his physical possiblities and entertaining level is truly high.
½ April 9, 2016
Review:
When this movie was released, I remember it being a big deal, and it really did make Jackie Chan an international star but it seemed a bit dated for today's cinema. The awful music throughout the movie, along with the terrible storyline, became unbearable after a while but the epic fight at the end, against the 4, extremely large black women, saved the day. The outrageous stunt near the end, when he jumped onto an air balloon, was way over the top and the terrible acting from the rest of the cast, did make me wonder why this movie was so good back in the day. Like a lot of Jackie Chan movies, the comedic script was badly written and really not funny and his useless sidekick, got on my nerves after a while. The storyline was pretty simple! Basically, Jackie Chans best friends girlfriend is kidnapped by a cult because they want Jackie Chan to steal this mysterious artifact. He decides to ask the rich millionaire, who owns the treasure, if be can borrow the priceless item so he can use it to get the girl back. The millionaire gives them the treasure but his daughter has to tag along with them, on there crazy mission to save the girl. Not the best storyline but at that time, it seemed like a Kung Fu Indiana Jones. Anyway, it's one to have if your a Jackie Chan fan but it's definitely not one of his best. Disappointing but watchable for the end!

Round-Up:
This movie was written and directed by Jackie Chan, so he really did give this movie his all. Whilst filming the stunt, we're he leaps from a wall onto a tree, the branch broke and he hit his head on a rock, which nearly killed him. Since then, he has a permanent thimble sized hole on the right side of his head and he became hard of hearing in one ear, which proves that Chan is willing to go the whole 9 yards when it comes to making a scene realistic for his audience. With that aside, I still found the movie pretty bad, mainly because of the silly storyline which takes some time to get going but I did watch the end fight a couple of times.

Budget: N/A
Worldwide Gross: HK$35million

I recommend this movie to people who are into their action/adventure/comedies starring Jackie Chan, Alan Tam, Rosamund Kwan, Lola Forner and Ken Boyle. 3/10
February 15, 2016
Oh man... I love this movie. Never feel old. Watched it a thousand times, never feel old. The action scenes in this movie are a thousand times better than nowadays' action movies. Fight scenes are better than most Hollywood movies.
October 20, 2015
Lame dialog. Good stunts as is usual with a Jackie Chan movie but it looks like that was all the movie was made for.
September 7, 2015
Silly nonsense plot but with some great set design and of course great Jackie action and humour. Respect though cuz Jackie almost died making this one. 6.5/10
½ September 6, 2015
Teniendo en cuenta que Armadura de Dios se encuentra dentro de las películas más conocidas de Jackie Chan, he de confesar que me ha decepcionado un poco. Cierto es que sus películas no son obras maestras del séptimo arte, pero al menos son entretenidas.

Sin embargo en esta ocasión la cosa no funciona. La trama tiene poco sentido y es bastante estúpida. Las actuaciones no están mal para lo habitual pero solo destacan Chan y Alan Tam como dúo cómico. La acción es bastante escasa, y está mayormente condensada al final (eso sí, con sus stunts interesantes como siempre).

En general es bastante aburrida salvo por los últimos 15 minutos.
August 8, 2015
A solid Jackie Chan action film that deals with him trying to break into a monastery to rescue his friend's girlfriend and claim the pieces to the Armour Of God. The film doesn't have a lot of action and you get some neat stunts here and there, but the monastery is really where Chan gets to shine and hilarity ensues with the group dealing with more people than they can candle. The film's closing does seems a bit unfulfilled and all, but the whole ending sequence makes up for the films shortcomings.
½ September 5, 2014
????????????? ?????????? ??? ???????????????? ??????????????????????? ?????????????????????? ?????????? 10 ????????
August 12, 2014
Asian Hawk, one of my favorite of Jackie Chan's alias's, is Indiana Jones with martial arts. Let me say that again, Indiana Jones with martial arts. Hawk is a failed musician who becomes a professional adventurer and treasure hunter. Two things he turns out to be pretty good at. For some reason, they decided to release it's sequel in America theatrically as Operation Condor: Armor of God and then to add to the confusion released this movie as a sequel titled Operation Condor 2: The Armor of the Gods. Confused? Understandable. While Armor of the Gods 2(aka Operation Condor) is good it is no where near the classic that it's predecessor is. So when you go to netflix or you go to buy it, well, get both if you can but if you only want one get Armor of God(aka Operation Condor 2: The Armor of the Gods). It also happens to feature Jackie's worst injury he has ever sustained, for those who don't know Jackie Chan does his own stunts and has literally broken every bone in his body. There was a stunt where Jackie jumps from a wall to tree branch, pretty tame compared to crazy stunts he's done in just this movie alone, not mention any of his other 100 movies. Even though Jackie got it right on the first take, he insisted on doing a second. The branch broke and he fell, hitting the back of skull on rock and splitting it open. He now has a hole in his skull that is covered by a hard plastic. Never say Jackie doesn't earn his paycheck. Luckily, being the person that he is, we can see this near death fall and it's aftermath in the closing credits as Jackie began putting all his accidents and flubs during the credits of his movies.
July 27, 2014
He left the group and became a soldier of fortune.

Agent Jackie is hired by the Chinese government to recover some Nazi gold that is currently under hot pursuit by some Nazi loyalists. If Jackie does not retrieve the golden object, we may see the rise of the Nazis again. Jackie will have to team with three females if he hopes to uncover the secrets and whereabouts of the gold item.

"You're not a prostitute."
"Yes I am!"

Jackie Chan, director of Policy Story, Dragon Strike, Project A 1 & 2, The Legend of the Drunken Master, Who am I, and 1911, delivers Operation Condor 2. The storyline for this picture was on par with the first film and similar to an Indiana Jones plots. The action scenes were awesome and the cast delivers solid performances. The cast includes Jackie Chan, Aldo Sambrell, Carol Cheng, Vincent Lyn, and Eva Cobo.

"My daughter must be in charge of the operation."
"There's always a price to pay."

I have watched this before and this was always one of my favorites out of the Project A and Operation Condor series. I loved the action scenes in this movie. The plot is nothing special, but even the air balloon as the closing scene is awesome. Overall, this is an average movie but an above average action/martial arts picture. I strongly recommend seeing this picture if you're a fan of the genre.

"No matter what, I still love you."

Grade: B+ (8.25)
May 28, 2014
Never was meant to be "The Godfather". With that, this film is wickedly entertaining featuring great action, and some of the best stunts Chan has ever offered.
½ March 31, 2014
Armour of God(1987)
Staring:Jackie Chan, Alan Tan, Rosamund Kwan, Lola Forner, Bosidale Sumijanik, and Ken Boyle
Directed By:Jackie Chan and Eric Tsang
Plot/Summary, Jackie Chan takes a break from police thrillers featuring kung-fu and wild stunts to star and direct this action-adventure yarn featuring kung-fu and wild stunts. Chan plays Jackie, aka the Asian Hawk, an Indiana Jones-style adventurer looking to make a fortune finding exotic antiquities. After discovering a mysterious sword in Africa, a band of Satan-worshipping monks kidnap Jackie's ex-girlfriend Lorelei (Rosamund Kwan), demanding as ransom the sword and other pieces of the legendary Armour of God -- a reportedly magical outfit dating back to the Crusades. He manages to get the objects in question from wealthy collector Bannon (Bozidar Smiljanic), and together with Bannon's daughter May (Lola Forner) and, of course, Hong Kong rock star Alan (Alan Tam), the three head out to rescue Lorelei. When they do, they discover too late that she has been brainwashed. She drugs Alan, taking him and the armor back to the monastery. Jackie is forced to take on an army of satanic monks single-handedly. This film is perhaps best remembered as the shoot that almost killed Jackie Chan. While jumping from one tree to another, he slipped and plunged almost 40 feet landing on his head. True to hallowed Hong Kong tradition, that outtake along with dozens of others is included at the end of the film. This film was released in the States under the misleading title Operation Condor 2: The Armour of the Gods, even though the supposed original Operation Condor was made four years afterwards.
My Review
Jackie Chan, Jackie Chan he will kick your ass. Aw man growing up I loved good and shitty Jackie Chan films, the shitty ones being The Medallion and the tuxedo, the good one being shanghi knights. But I've stumbled across some of Jackie's old films like Project A and it's sequel and I loved them both(the first one a little, also including it's my favorite film of his) he was apparently a big hit in the 80's and 90's in china. I have been watching nothing but Japanese and Chinese cinema the past few days and I will continue to do so for the next two months. I decided when it comes to Chinese go with Jackie cause he was my favorite as a kid.
The movie's opening sequence makes it feel like Chinese Indiana jones in the form of Jackie Chan, as he is retrieving an artifact known as the Armour of God. It is soon bought by a very rich man. But someone who already has two of the Armour of God artifacts wants the one he found in exchange for Loralie, a woman who he used to date but is marrying his friend Alan. When Alan discovers this he asks for Jackie's help to rescue Loralie and retrieve the Armour of God.
This is one of those Jackie films were the stunts are better with a story of cheap popcorn fun corniness, I give the Armour of God a four and a half out of five.
½ March 16, 2014
Armour of God(1987)
Directed By:Jackie Chan and Eric Tsang
My Review
This is one of those Jackie films were the stunts are better with a story of cheap popcorn fun corniness, I give the Armour of God a four out of five.
½ March 12, 2014
One of Chan's better movies. Must see for fans.
cosmo313
½ February 25, 2014
Jackie Chan tries his hand at an Indiana Jones style adventure with this little action romp that he also directed.

Chan plays a treasure hunter named Jackie who must rescue his ex-girlfriend who gets kidnapped by a group of Satan worshippers seeking pieces of armor said to date back to the Crusades that also have mystical powers and qualities about them. In tow are a goofy sidekick as well as the daughter of the antique collector Jackie does dealings with.

Okay, so right off the bat this film is basically just a fun goofy action romp that's not trying to be art. That's cool with me. It's just a nice little tribute to IJ and adventure yarns of the past, but with Chan's trademark sense of humor, and of course, awesome fights and stunts.

Chan is known for taking risks and often getting hurt, but this is the film that almost took his life. The stunt was a simple, straightforward, and rather tame one for him: jump onto a tree branch. However, during the jump, he slipped, fell 40 feet, and landed on his head, resulting in a skull fracture. He still has a plastic plug in his skull to this day as a result. And for that, I gotta give the man many many kudos.

The plot is silly, but again, that's not what the film is really here for. It just wants to be an action spectacle, and that's what it does, and does well. The stunts are cool, the fights are well choreographed and executed, and the film's got a great sense of humor to boot.

If you want a piece of fluff, albeit a decently well made one, then definitely give this a look.
½ January 7, 2014
"Armour of God" is director/star Jackie Chan's attempt to give China it's own equivalent on Indiana Jones, but unfortunately this kung fu expert/art thief falls short of having the cool factor of Harrison Ford's iconic character.

I really wanted to like this film, and up until the very end of the film, I did. It had some great humour, and serviceable action scenes, even if the majority of the acting was nothing special. However, the final action scene had so much wrong with it. The characters all acted erroneously with no obvious motivation for doing so, the entire subplot with the obedience serum seemed to disappear overnight, and suddenly the ultra-cool "Asian Hawk" loses the priceless artifact because he accidentally lights up a suit of dynamite. Whoops, indeed.

It's a low point to end what had been a very entertaining film. Unfortunate.
September 15, 2013
I own this on DVD in a five movie pack along with:
* Wheels On Meals (1984)
* Police Story (1985)
* Police Story 2 (1987)
* Dragons Forever (1988)
August 9, 2013
Extremely forgettable.
½ July 9, 2013
77%
This is the first film in the Armour of God series. This film has a good lot of Jackie Chan's special action sequences and comedy which is apparently great than his usual movies.