Opposite Day - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Opposite Day Reviews

June 28, 2015
please let me watch it
March 16, 2015
What's worse than Pauly Shore? A Pauly Shore movie trying to appeal to kids! I thought we all agreed that this man wasn't allowed to have a career anymore, after he spent the turn of the last century making some of the most miserable "comedies" ever made. But, since adults have evolved to not fall for his schtick anymore, he tries it on the kids. I bet even the most Barney-loving tyke will be confused and frightened by this ignoramus. Seriously...when casting a family film, will somebody please think about the children?!
November 13, 2013
I didn't even want to finish it
½ July 5, 2013
whoa there, even the kids in this movie find their new lives a drudge. more plot holes than plot, and French Stewart is billed below Pauly Shore, who doesn't screw this movie up, because he doesn't do anything. My 9 and 11 y.o. were equally unimpressed. This movie is without cursing, innuendo or drug reference, so very family friendly, unless you LIKE your family.
½ February 19, 2013
Okay for kids, I guess.
July 19, 2012
Opposite day is about a boy who wishes that kids can take on the role of their parents, and kids can take on the role of their kids. And of course...it happens. The movie offers fantastic performances, a clever script, hilarious quotes, stunning production design, a moving soundtrack, and very touching moments. Actually everything that was just said, is the complete opposite! What was truly meant to be said was that it offers bad performances, a script that probably took 10 minutes to write, lame quotes, OK production design, an overly childly soundtrack, and very frustrating moments. The only joke in which this film offers is the thought of parents acting like kids, and kids acting like parents. Some may laugh at this, but once it keeps going on and on the joke will be over! It's like hearing the "Why did the chicken cross the road?" joke over, and over, and over again! The only people who might enjoy this movie is probably very young children. But this is nothing that they should be wasting their time on, after all there are better movies in this world. Stay away from this one!
June 11, 2012
Okay funny little kid movie
June 11, 2012
Interesting concept for kids. Would of worked better if it was Made-For-TV for Cartoon Network, or some other child-geared network. Kids might like it but parents will probably inspire to leave the room to do something constructive. I liked it but I would of liked it more had I been the appropriate age upon viewing.
November 5, 2011
piece of shit worst movie ever
November 4, 2011
I know it's not great, but it had me laughing my ass off!! I wanted to watch it for Pauley Shore, but he is only a minor role. The lead actors, who are both kids, are great! The plot is simple: Kids switch roles with their parents. As childish as the movie is, it is hilarious, as far as a G rated movie goes. I reccomend it to anyone who needs a laugh.
½ September 23, 2011
Painful in a way that's not very fun. Shoddy editing, dialogue by people who have forgotten what it's like to be a kid.
August 23, 2011
couldnt even get pass the first 10 minutes
July 19, 2011
What's worse than having Pauly Shore be the lead actor in a horribly unfunny comedy? Making child actors be the lead in a horribly unfunny Pauly Shore comedy! These kids have all the emotional range of a house cat. And oh yeah, there are ninjas... because ninjas are cool? If you want to see this movie, please donate your brain to science first.
July 8, 2011
Honestly Was and Okay Movie. I would have gave it 3 Stars but how they got the villain to change sides. The ending sucked but the movie was a brilliant idea for a movie. So I give it 2 stars
½ July 5, 2011
Really, Pauly Shore?
July 1, 2011
I can't believe I actually sat through this piece of crap.
½ June 17, 2011
First you will be looking through your on demand on your television, trying to find something to do. You see "Opposite Day" and think, "Hey! The biggest star in this movie is Pauly Shore, this could funny to laugh at!" But that could be the biggest fucking mistake of your life. After viewing Opposite Day you will feel not only like you wasted 97 minutes of your life, but 8 entire life times. If you are a cat, you will be lucky to have one left over. Clearly anyone who says that this is a good movie was drunk, high, and tripping their balls off. Sometimes you feel pathetic because you did nothing at all in one day, but this will clearly take the cake. The kids are shitty actors, and they can't cast a kid for shit. The ginger kid who looks like Ron Weasley with down syndrome has a voice deeper than Barry White's and he's supposed to be 6? Bull shit. I wish to give this movie a "zero" but that is kind of impossible. I would feel more accomplished from sitting around listening to Whale Songs for an hour. Oh wait, I am doing that. And I feel much better about this than wasting 97 more minutes of shit.
June 12, 2011
Overall, ended up bored with the movie. the kids were pretty decent at what they did acting-wise but not much plot or script to work with (or budget seems like). overall, wasn't worth the time watching as it wasn't that funny so would not recommend the movie.
June 9, 2011
eh....bad acting, not funny at all
May 28, 2011
I love Pauly Shore. I bet this is a great movie. Can't wait to watch it!