Oprah Winfrey Presents: Their Eyes Were Watching God Reviews

• Jan 12, 2019

Terrible horrible cringy movie starring Halle berry. Tea cake is kinda the best part of the movie and book. The ending was crazy good though but everything else sucked.

• Nov 21, 2016

I teach this novel and only watch the book to make a comparison and contrast between the book and the movie. We notice that the casting selection caused them to edit out large portions of the book that revealed distinct characterization. We make the clear distinctions between how the main characters are portrayed in the novel and movie. It's a disappointment to view it as anything but a contrast to the novel.

• Jan 17, 2016

A great story about life.

A great story about life.

• Aug 14, 2015

Very good remake from a book written by Nora Zeale of the Harlem Renaissance

Very good remake from a book written by Nora Zeale of the Harlem Renaissance

• Apr 12, 2014

Like most tv adaptations, the plot drifts to far apart for unnecessary reasons that make it dull.

• Nov 01, 2013

The movie floats on the surface of the meaning of the book, but never gets in very deep. I would assume that's it'd be hard to follow for those who haven't read it. The acting is good, but TEWWG isn't really adaptable in this style.

• May 05, 2013

The movie is good but missing a lot of important stuff from the book. I enjoyed it.

• Mar 26, 2013

Beautiful movie. Universal theme. Superb acting.

Beautiful movie. Universal theme. Superb acting.

• Mar 20, 2013

Superb acting. Excellent story line & script.

Superb acting. Excellent story line & script.

• Oct 10, 2012

I enjoyed the performances by Halle Berry and Terence Howard, but not a whole lot else. The book is a classic, but this adaption was mediocre. Had a major film company and a major filmmaker been the one's to make it than it could've really been something special. The talent is there but the makers just didn't know what to do with them.