Or - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Or Reviews

½ November 22, 2011
Searing drama told in a candid manner is a winner. Superbly acted done in minimalistic style. In fact the camera hardly moves and most of the scenes are done in a single shot. Yet another Israeli film that makes you wonder in awe. What on earth is happening there?... This one was made in 2004 but so many suprb first films are coming out of Israel. I guess I should look for Jaffa now, the second film made by Keren Yedaya.
½ August 29, 2011
whoa! subtle, sad, deep, but there is also a hopefulness and clarity in it's lack of judgment
May 31, 2008
My favorite film of 2004
April 6, 2008
Important movie but very hard to watch, dealing with very important social issue that is of personal interest to many people in Israel and around the world.
February 28, 2008
Disturbing, intelligent, realistic, i could go on and on about this gritty portrayal of a mother and daughter stuck in a cycle of poverty and prostitution. Excellent performances from the actors, and great direction + cinematic artistry from Keren Yedaya. Amazing!
February 21, 2008
Amazing! it has a lot of sadness, pain but also hope. definitely one of the best israeli films ever made.
February 8, 2008
For anyone who ever thought that being a prostitute is by choice
January 24, 2008
I can feel both Or and her mother were struggling, but the moive itself is tenseless. I could not devote myself in the movie.
November 24, 2007
Sorglig film men åh så bra
November 8, 2007
Unforgetable, prime movie, that sticks one in your gut and does not let go.
November 6, 2007
Mon Trésor, une claque dans ta gueule.
November 4, 2007
Although Or is based on fiction, it's a disturbingly harsh portrayal of gender/poverty issues that is a reality for women in many countries. Or is a story about a teenager who becomes a chid prostitute to support her mother--and the choices that the girl and mother makes which impact one another.
½ October 24, 2007
A realistic depiction of the struggles faced by a mother and her daughter. The young daughter eventually fell into what she tried so hard to protect her mom from.
½ October 22, 2007
A daughter who acts like a mother and a mother who acts like a child. Both work the corner.
½ October 21, 2007
Super realistic. very hard to take
October 9, 2007
Like mother like daughter
½ September 22, 2007
The acting was really good, I kept having to remind myself that this wasn't a documentary because it was that realistic. A really sad movie.
September 22, 2007
This was a great independent film. I don't think I could describe just why at this point but it is definitely worth seeing if you are in a "thinking about social problems from a female perspective" mood.
½ September 15, 2007
Sad. Moving. One of those 'Ihopehopehopethereisstillachancethiswillendwellbutitcangoeitherway'. As it does. See it!
September 6, 2007
so brilliant and terrable it is captivating and yet difficult to watch a second time.