The Orphanage Reviews

• Nov 01, 2020

I enjoyed The Orphanage overall, the setting, the atmosphere, the storytelling. It wasn't exactly scary but definitely creepy and ended in a way that I would never have guessed.

• Oct 28, 2020

This movie starts sad and intriguing, stays sad and intriguing, and is a true revelation in the ghost story genre of story telling. If you are ready to be scared while your heart slowly gets ripped out, you will never do better than this beautiful and macabre film. I cannot sing it's praise any more than I can even think about this film without getting a little teary. Be prepared to be afraid and genuinely care about the victims in this one. A unique experience.

• Oct 26, 2020

Atmospheric, tense and creepy in all the right places, ‘The Orphanage' works superbly as a mystery/drama with a horror twist. It's well-acted with spot-on visuals, but what director JA Bayona really gets right is how he handles the scares – he doesn't go over-the-top and keeps things subtle and psychological, providing just enough information to let the audience's imagination run wild, and injecting the odd jump-scare here and there to keep you on your toes. Front and centre, however, is the relationship between mother and son, and her determination to find him when he goes missing. It's an interesting mix of genres and the clever ending perfectly exemplifies just that, managing to somehow fulfil, subvert and exceed expectations. This Spanish film is one to watch.

• Oct 12, 2020

Somethings Look Not Make sense Some Character is look weird but time in this film Just make me slowly Understand That character So at the end Eveythings look good Nothing look Weird anymore Only bad things i can see is i think Ending it Easy to prediction and The last one i horor Film Should have Some Plot twist ;(

• Oct 03, 2020

In terms of horror and story, the balance here is done masterfully. A must watch for fans of the genre, you will especially feel it even more on the second viewing.

• Jul 16, 2020

As an horror this film is not a big one because it does not scare a great deal but for the rest it is very beautiful and generates a great suspense in every moment, never being taken for granted. In general, the film tells of everything a mother is willing to do to find her son and to know the truth behind his imaginary friends. The film never gets boring and ends in a very sweet though dramatic way.

• Jun 08, 2020

Una de las mejores en su género, la trama te atrapa, muy emotivo final.

Una de las mejores en su género, la trama te atrapa, muy emotivo final.

• Jun 07, 2020

A powerful and scary movie this Drama is a fantastic movie that you see.

A powerful and scary movie this Drama is a fantastic movie that you see.

• May 08, 2020

One of my all time favorite thrillers. It's worth the watch!

One of my all time favorite thrillers. It's worth the watch!

• May 04, 2020

Never thought I'd cry during a horror movie, but this film hits you right in the feels.