Living Hell - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Living Hell Reviews

½ March 14, 2015
Gah... When awful B-Movies take themselves seriously...

There's a couple of positive points sure. Johnathin Schaech (The Washingtonians, Prom Night [2008], Quarantine, Fear Itself: The Circle, Laid to Rest) in the lead has done some pretty cool stuff, Erica Leerhsen (above - Wrong Turn 2: Dead End, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre [2003], Book of Shadows: Blair WItch 2) has too, and Terence Jay (Green Street Hooligans, Buried Alive) is always value for money. None of the actors were appalling, but these 3 stood out the most, and they didn't stand out all that much.

It's a pretty cool premise, though also one of the least original. Long ago military makes a secret virus/organism. Years later stupid guys who won't listen 'cause they're all big and tough let it out near a small, rural U.S. town, the main characters need to find a way to stop the army nuking the place and making everything worse.

Unfortunately when you get shafted with a low budget there's only so much you can do with it, and in plenty of instances the CGI suffers massively for it. But I mean come on, with a budget of $4,500,000 I'd think there could have been a liiiittle more effort put in. For the most part it's okay-ish, but there's a couple of scenes that are disturbingly terrible.

Living Hell lacks anything that can define it as worth watching any more so than the thousands of other dodgy B-Movie horrors made with little care out there. But if that's what you're into, may as well give it spin.

32%

-Gimly
Robbanflix
January 2, 2015
This horror sci-fi movie was pretty decent. Not many famous faces tho and with a lower standard of effects etc .. more like a tv flick it felt time to time. But overall its an watchable movie with some likeness of "The Mist" kinda.
½ April 19, 2013
This was pretty good for what it was. If you go watch this expecting a masterpiece of sci fi or horror, you're going to be very disappointed. Take it for what it is you might be pleasantly surprised. Its a solid piece of sci fi cheese with some pretty decent virus creature effects. The acting is decent enough and wasn't bored anywhere in this whole movie. A step up above the usual sci fi channel movie.
December 16, 2012
Posted on 7/03/08 12:49 AM
This is one movie I couldn't wait for it to be over. Actors just made me want to punch myself in the face! CG effects were just awful so fake looking! One scene right at the end was total green scene when running back into the miltary base...just terrible! I do have to admit the final scene seemed where all the time and money went into the special effects, good job at the end!
December 31, 2011
I'm not entirely sure why I enjoyed this as much as I did, because it is not a particularly good movie. The effects are lacking, the script isn't very good, and it isn't the most groundbreaking story. That said, there is something strangely effective about it, particularly the first half.

December 6, 2011

½ September 25, 2011
I sorta liked it. It's got an awesome story, an some pretty descent acting if you ask me. The antagonist was the main thaing that I love about this film, though. I loved it!
½ July 17, 2011
June 14, 2011
Exactly by the numbers every step of the way.
Mainly boring with occasional moments.
Opening that old vault was the best part.
½ January 26, 2011
I'm not entirely sure why I enjoyed this as much as I did, because it is not a great movie. The effects are lacking, the script isn't very good, and it isn't the most groudbreaking story. That said, there is something strangely effective about it, particularly the first half. I think what elevates it a bit is its atmosphere. It does have a fairly creepy vibe. The idea of the U.S military loosing track of all its Cold War projects is intriguing, and it is utilized pretty effectively. The actors are as good as they can be with the wooden script their given. The creature is an interesting concept as well, as it sort of breaks away from the traditional creature feature. The second half tends to drag, but not to the point of complete standstill. Overall, a pretty decent little low budget horror movie that steps outside the norm for such films.
January 9, 2011
This was mildly entertaining at best, and the plot was incredibly overdone. It was watchable, mostly, but don't expect to see anything new or innovative. Also, the effects are typical of a low-budget film, so if that's not your thing, definitely skip this one.
July 14, 2010
I thought it was a fairly good take on the whole "biological weapons that go wrong and kill innocents" stories.
June 9, 2010
low budget, not bad acting, good setup for the story....
3niR
½ January 27, 2010
Cheap, cheap, cheap.
December 6, 2009
Maybe the worst movie that I've seen.. Almost everything were made by computers and you could notice that pretty clearly..
½ November 29, 2009
After watching this, I just have to wonder how much blood one man has? A very poor science fiction film that has been done over hundreds of times in almost the exact same way. No new territory explored here. This was kind if painful to watch as boring explanations and boring dialogue was spewed. Schauch wasn't so bad, but Leerhsen seemed out of place with this role. The cast that was used as townspeople were downright horrible. A cool scene here and there, but this is a boring and bad film that gets worse the longer it plays.
September 14, 2009
Peripeteioula ala Terminator me Resident Evil klp klp. Vlepetai
August 25, 2009
A team of military scientists open a vault under their base and have to face the horrors of an old experiment gone horribly wrong. Their only hope is a biology teacher who seems to be linked to what is going on beneath ...

Not bad for such low budget ... the effects are good and the acting isn't horrible ... the second half leans towards slow-paced but overall it's watchable ...
½ August 10, 2009
Absolutely loved the main actor in this. I really think he could be A list material. This is a good concept with a surprisingly well spent budget. Overall, it seems lacking. But worth a watch if you're bored.