Original Gangstas - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Original Gangstas Reviews

November 16, 2007
dats yours!!!! .... Damn it
October 28, 2007
This was pretty good movie
I liked it
October 13, 2007
An absolute classic! lol
October 5, 2007
Pays homage to the genre that made this stars famous
August 17, 2007
I never knew Indiana had any black people, let alone black people that could kick so much fucking ass. All the blaxploitation stars are back again, Jim Brown, Pam Greer, Fred Williamson, and the original Superfly. A pretty generic action movie enlivened by the cast of old school characters fighting the new school thugs. Certainly on many levels a subtley racist movie, certainly a movie that advocates in some respect gang violence, and there are vicious scenes of casual killing. Yet thats part of the fun, once you stop taking the film entirely seriously you get engrossed in the plot, men trying to redeem themselves, avenge their families, and take back their town. It is interesting that the lead villian is shown as a wise and in some regards chivialrous ruler who is simply surrounded by overzealous violent idiots he cant control. Many homages are made to Westerns and the original blaxpolitation efforts of superior directors from Sergio Leone to John Singleton. Overall I recommend seeing it like I did, at 1am, slumped on the couch while it happened to be on cable.
July 27, 2007
terrible acting. horrible gangster movie. tries to deliver a powerful message but it sucks
½ July 18, 2007
u cant save the streets nugca
July 18, 2007
I saw this when I was little and still thought this shit was tough
½ July 17, 2007
Not bad, but not as much fun as it should be.
June 28, 2007
Quite possibly the worst movie ever. This makes "Reindeer Games" look like "Forrest Gump." The only redeeming factor is that Jim Brown kicks hella ass...even after learning of his son's death.
½ June 15, 2007
There are a lot more interesting things to watch lile the News.
June 10, 2007
Not a bad movie other than the fact they had to put scenes from Colors into the movie to complete it but viewers werent supposed to catch that I dont think.
June 9, 2007
the title says it ALL!!
June 8, 2007
Literally they show the new bucks how it really goes down, love this movie. Too bad what happens to Shyheim tho
June 6, 2007
Two words: Jim Brown.
June 1, 2007
Gotta love a movie that's set in my hometown.
May 15, 2007
dis was off da chain. i could watch this movie over and over and over
March 18, 2007
brill........action movie...
December 11, 2006
i would like to see this
½ October 20, 2006
Here's another film rating.