Orion: The Man Who Would Be King Reviews

• May 01, 2016

This one blew me away! At first I thought it was a Mockumentary about Elvis impersonators but when I realized that Jimmy Ellis was a real person I could not believe it was really him singing. I have seen many of the best impersonators but Ellis could have fooled Elvis's family. Simply uncanny, tragic and sad...a great talent born too late! Do not miss this one!

• Apr 19, 2016

A brilliantly fascinating and moving documentary, about a man who wanted to achieve stardom. He could do just that, if he remained unknown. Jack.

• Apr 13, 2016

this documentary about the man with a voice just like the one from the King,is bittersweet,sad in some ways,but it's really worth your time,especially if you're an Elvis fan.I was pleased with this story.

• Dec 31, 2015

This is another superb doc from 2015. The compelling story of a man who was 'cursed' or 'blessed' with sounding exactly like Elvis manipulated or otherwise into wearing a mask so that he could seek the fame he craved. A real life Bubba Hotep but without the mummy or JFK.

• Anthony L Super Reviewer
    Nov 30, 2015

• Nov 08, 2015

Saw this in Bristol recently, Orion is the story of an unlikely Elvis impersonator featuring interviews from the people who knew him best. An unusual documentary that leaves enough questions unanswered to keep your curiosity about Orion flowing beyond the runtime.

• Aug 29, 2015

Amazing documentary about a frustrated singer who sounded exactly like Elvis and was recruited to portray the real life version of a character from a novel about a superstar who fakes his death to escape his immense fame, two years after The King's death, became a touring star and started the speculation about Elvis being alive.