The Other Side of Midnight - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

December 27, 2015
Excellent Novel and excellent Movie
jjnxn
½ August 3, 2014
Lurid twaddle at least has beautiful location shooting and good work from Susan Sarandon to recommend it.
½ March 1, 2014
Something to while away time.
April 1, 2013
Watched this with my Grandmother and had a great time laughing at it. Marie-France Pisier is the worst actress ever (we guessed she came from Emmanuelle-style soft core films) and everyone is so dumb it's hard to take any of it seriously.
July 19, 2012
Marie-France Pisier was superb.
June 11, 2012
I saw this movie for the first time at age 15 with my auntie!! Loved it!
June 10, 2012
I was a fresh year student at Uni of Canterbury, Christchurch when this movie was shown in the theatre. Movie ticket were expensive.. so had to be selective as to which movie to go to. Glad I caught up with it now after 30 odd years. :-)
April 1, 2012
PLEASE CAN I WATCH THE OTHER SIDE OF MIDNIGHT
December 4, 2011
Very good movie :) Susan Sarandon was fantastic as always and Marie-France Pisier played her part well as the french whore.
September 5, 2011
it is sad but amazing
May 5, 2011
i want to watch this! ???
movieguru12
April 2, 2011
December 6, 2010
i remember this movie being really good but havent seen for 10 years plus - good intrique and actors
August 22, 2010
sidny sheldon's novel.after reading the novel several times,the movie was screened in madurai thangam theatre,but with lot of cuts.again the awe of seeing this movie was there in my mind.i got it.
½ July 28, 2010
** (out of four)

I?m sure there is a group of people out there, (Probably mostly women) who adore this movie. The idea that a simple girl can move to the city, get used and then rise to huge power, is appealing. The film for me didn?t come across as quite so engrossing. It is far too much like a soap opera. The romance and betrayal is hard to stomach. It was one of the ten biggest hits of 1977, so obviously it has its fans.

Adapted from the book by Sidney Sheldon, Marie-France Pisier plays a woman who is sold to a business owner by her family in pre War France. She runs away from him and then falls for a handsome U.S. soldier (John Beck). But he leaves her and he eventually falls for an American woman (Susan Sarandon) and gets married. The young woman in France is devastated and begins clawing her way to the top as a famous actress, all the while plotting her revenge on the soldier.

The plot some doesn?t hold up. At first we feel bad for her because she was used, but eventually I started taking his side because she becomes such a wench. In the end (three hours later) the film takes such unbelievably turns that I didn?t care what happened to any of them.
July 1, 2010
sarandon gives a great performance in this flash n trash adaption of sheldon novel.
September 23, 2009
Shoddy Synopsis:
A woman is basically sold by her father to be raped by a fat, hairy, sweaty, older man. This woman falls in love with a lying/cheating bastard who thinks he has game. Bumping and grinding ensues. Booobs! Woman waits for the lying/cheating bastard to marry her when he returns from war, he decides to knock up a few chicks in different countries instead, and abandon each of them. Woman realizes that she is preggers with lying/cheating bastard's baby. Woman aborts baby with a hanger in her bathtub. Disgusting. Woman plots revenge for years. Has sex with several men and is just effing naked all of the time. Lying/cheating bastard coaxes another innocent woman to marry his dumb ass. More nudity. More sex. More boobs. First jilted woman finds out and wants innocent new wife dead. Lying/cheating bastard cowardly leaves wife to die in a cave. He then sends a search party to find her. WTF? She lives! She dies?...Poor jilted woman driven to insanity by lying/cheating bastard is sentenced to death by a firing squad. WTF happens to lying/cheating bastard?...Dead wife is now a zombie nun? Drama!
June 22, 2009
i want to watch the full movie

it is good

i saw it long time ago & it is very romantic. i want to watch it again please
½ January 24, 2009
This movie is very old but was excellent.