The Other Sister - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Other Sister Reviews

January 7, 2016
This movie decides to just offend everybody. Even democrats.
½ November 4, 2015
It was cute. and i thought it was a bit over dramatic but an over all good slice of life. however it did run a bit too long
October 29, 2015
This movie is one of the worst movies ever. It's nice to see movies about disabled people but when Juliette Lewis does it, it almost comes across comical and fake. Boo, Boo on all levels.
August 14, 2015
Very touching presentation of challenged people being seen for their real value, sense of justice and ability to love. Too bad the homosexual angle is introduced to try to equate the two, something intelligent people will see through right away.
½ June 30, 2015
Underrated comedy/drama is great for teens. Ages 13+
June 23, 2015
The Other Sister is a disappointing film. It is about a mentally challenged girl who proves herself to be every bit as capable as her "perfect" sister. Juliette Lewis and Diane Keaton give horrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Garry Marshall did a terrible directing this movie. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
June 12, 2015
I love this Movie, is so Beautiful.
Real Love ?
May 26, 2015
It is very hard to decide if Giovanni Ribisi and Juliette Lewis are giving impressive performances or making fun of the mentally challenged. Either way, the whole movie feels like more of a parody than a well-intended family drama.
March 10, 2015
An utterly disrespectful, maudlin, self-congradulatory travesty. Juliette Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi try to pull a Forrest Gump, and end up with something along the lines of a famous quote from "Tropic Thunder". It's as if they both were going for their Oscar moment. It's pathetic to watch. It's all at the expense of the disabled, and not a damn inch of this movie gives them any sympathy.
January 23, 2015
I read a lot of reviews blasting this movie for using retardation as a gimmick, but I just don't think that it's a bad thing in this movie. It's uncomfortable for most people to watch awkward situations involving mentally disabled people. Not many movies do it and I think this was done quite tastefully. Also, Juliette Lewis and Giovanni Ribisi were super charming.
December 6, 2014
Lewis is SO bad in this.
November 29, 2014
My new favorite movie
August 17, 2014
(First and only full viewing - In my early twenties)
½ July 21, 2014
The title is misleading and the movie is just unmemorable overall.
July 13, 2014
Love it
Thinking movie
July 7, 2014
Pues es como la décima vez que la veo y no deja de sorprenderme... Garry Marshall si sabe como "utilizarme"
May 31, 2014
So many detractors!!!! This is a uncomfortable subject matter to sell as entertainment and it makes people uncomfortable to watch what for many is unfamiliar ground. Having worked with the intellectually disabled I think the issues faced are legitimate and true to life in a stylized middle class American way. It's not a documentary but entertainment. It is somewhat a taboo to treat the subject of intellectual disability as general entertainment in a mainstream sense. As a film it's not any worse than many other films in the romantic comedy genre, it entertains. Juliette and Giovanni too, do a good job.
January 30, 2014
I love this movie, and its not retarded at all. its just showing that no matter who u are , anyone can find love...
December 16, 2013
I love this movie. It's one if my all time favorites. I watch it at least once a year. Love comes to all which gives me hope for a better world. Movie shows love as unconditional. We learn this in many of the character.