OtherLife Reviews

• Oct 28, 2020

Absolute amazing movie! The whole plot is a twist thats never been done before in other films. Action, drama, mystery, suspense!!! Forsure a must watch for movie people.

• May 31, 2020

It was a fun movie with some cool twists. Felt like it borrowed lots of parts from other movies so not much felt truly unique but as a "trippy sci-fi" amalgamation it was pretty well done. Didn't blow me away but made for an enjoyable movie night.

• Apr 05, 2020

To be honest it wasn't my favorite movie But I really did enjoy the scientific concepts about keeping people live longer.Hopefully one day we could use these concepts to heal people and potentially expand their life longer.I love the sci-fi aspect of it And he reminded me of one of my favorite movies passengers. I would recommend the movie but it's not my favorite.

• Apr 05, 2020

The Otherlife is a science fiction thriller. I'm usually not interested in these types of movies, but this on was recommended for a class assignment. This film was slow and confusing at times, and also interesting. The film was based on a woman and her partner trying to invent a mind altering eyedrop that works. This eyedrop would cause individuals to experienc things in their mind that would never probably take place in real life. Throughout the movie the inventors test the eyedrop on different people as means to prefect the drug. This film will help explore and understand the difference between the two realities, and the importance of face to face communication. Overall, I really enjoyed watching this movie.

• Apr 05, 2020

This drama/sci-fi pulls you in until the very end. Ren struggles with many things in life, such as her relationship with her father, the loss of her brother and Danny, her partnership with Sam, etc. But she is tough and committed. The acting in the film is great and the music sets each and every scene very well. The sci-fi aspect of the film does a great job with effects. The different effects that can be seen when a character is transitioning from real life to the Otherlife are capturing. The only negative might be when it is hard to tell if someone is in real life or the Otherlife.

• Apr 05, 2020

In this film, we see humanity grapple with opening a preverbal "Pandoras box", however in this film this action is done hand in hand with the pervasive ideal "style over substance". This movie came with some very interesting ideas and thought-provoking scenarios, but sadly I wasn't able to immerse myself in this over-stylized and at times formulaic story.

• Apr 05, 2020

Personally, I thought this movie was not bad...but average. As a Netflix movie, I was not expecting over the top affects/acting so it did fulfill my expectations with that. However, the story line seemed a bit off. By the word "off", I mean it seemed as if there were long periods in the movie where there would be just music, no script, and they would be transitioning to new places leaving the user to connect the dots. Many times the actress would enter places or come across people and have a very bland conversation or a similar conversation she had just had. In my opinion, she also lacks a lot of emotional expression which makes the entire movie feel eerie, which is okay if that is what the producers were going for, but it personally loses my attention. There are also a lot of close-up scenes of the lead actress where it simply focuses on her having a straight or feared facial expression. After a while, I feel it gets repetitive. My confusion with the film started when the scenes were switching between dream/reality with little explanation about what was going on. Even during the end, I was left questioning if there was going to be an explanation of some sort. I personally made the connection of being trapped in "jail" to being in a coma but I still feel that they could have built upon this story so much more. Overall, I think the actors and producers did a good job with their ideas and what they had. I do not think I could even begin to produce a movie, so either way its still worth a watch in my opinion!

• Apr 03, 2020

I thought that the acting was very good. I especially loved Jessica's portrayal of her character. She was very strong, stubborn (in a good way), passionate and she fought for what she felt was right. However, I did not like the movie. In the movie's defense I don't really like thrillers, or freaky types of movies. I still felt like it was really confusing and the ending was hard to follow as I felt like it did not conclude.

• Mar 26, 2020

This movie was good. An interesting concept executed by well enough actors. It does not reinvent the wheel in any way as far as sci-fi-esque hypotheticals, but interesting enough in its own right. The plot itself will keep you closer to the edge of your seat, but it is still predictable. Besides a couple of smaller moments where the acting felt slightly off, the actors did well. Jessica De Gouw's performance really helped emphasize the themes and feel the movie was going for. Overall, worth a watch.

• Nov 25, 2019

Solid sci-fi. If you like Black Mirror it’s definitely worth a watch.

Solid sci-fi. If you like Black Mirror it’s definitely worth a watch.