Otis - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Otis Reviews

September 20, 2014
So bad it's great. Soundtrack is fantastic
October 9, 2013
Unexpectedly amazing!!
September 27, 2013
Great film to watch! Have been seeking for something similar ever since I watched it.
½ August 11, 2013
Sick, twisted dysfunctional brothers meet enraged, twisted dysfunctional family. This movie gets better over time. The comedy comes from all directions and keeps getting thicker, along with the gore, as the movie progresses. I expected a "B" movie but the acting is strong - "comedy-competent", the script is tight, the editing is good, the continuity flows, the plot builds, the music is great and it's funny. Even the horror is tongue-in-cheek. Watch it with someone who likes to laugh and you'll be left wondering, "Is Otis a comedy or a horror film?"
May 29, 2013
So messed up, so funny, I love it!
May 11, 2013
A humorous and disturbing look at kidnapping, torture, murder and the family--Don't Fear the Obese Pizza Delivery Reaper!!
March 21, 2013
Another very much amusing picture from Raw Feed. The first half of the movie is basically just a good version of the mad man that kidnaps a girl and time slowly running out, but about halfway all of it gets out of hand just a little extra. The ending might not be very strong, but the rest of the movie is honestly one of the better variations of this setup I've seen.
½ January 12, 2013
This is just not a good film, The acting is decent at best. The characters are annoying and overly cocky. It's highly unrealistic, and using comedy in serious moments just does not work for this film! This film is best watched with a group of friends so you can ridicule it. I would have given this less in the scores.. but I liked the young brothers character.
December 5, 2012
First half is cool but after that, is all over the place and eventually crumbles in upon itself.
November 22, 2012
Most people I know haven't seen this movie or even heard of it! I am a huge fan of the obscure and not-so-main-stream film, and this was brilliant! It was cast perfectly and the story line was executed with perfection!! I would not catagorize it as Horror at all, but as a Black Comedy it was excellent!
½ November 6, 2012
OTIS - LA VENGANZA DE LA FAMILIA PERFECTA
Una comedia de terror que en la ultima media hora se vuelve interesante pues la familia hace lo posible para cubrir un asesinato que nunca debio pasar.
½ October 26, 2012
This movie is jus plain sick and not funny whatsoever. I tried to be interested in the first 10 minutes but I was filled with blandness. I believe none of these actors or anyone associated with this movie is considered good in hollywood. The characters are beyond annoying, the acting is very bad, and all the humor is so dark that it's no way funny. Don't buy or rent this movie
October 12, 2012
damn this is the worst thriller movie that has no ending
½ September 20, 2012
i love guts and gore but this is pathetic
September 11, 2012
OTIS is a darkly masterful horror/comedy with a sharp pace, loveable (if expendable) characters and solid execution in its favor. A perfect late night horror.
½ September 2, 2012
It may have worked for 'From Dusk Till Dawn' but changing genres midway (from thriller to black comedy in this case) does not work at all here.
It's still hard to believe that Ashley Johnson was the little girl in Growing Pains.
Sheesh I'm old.
August 30, 2012
Otis was strangely entertaining in a dark and twisted way. It definitely isn't for everybody and I probably would have skipped it entirely if I would have had something better to watch. The family in this story is just so weird that you want to know what madness is coming next. The ending was brilliant and supports my choice of Reed as the best character in this movie.
July 19, 2012
Suburban America gone haywire. In the midst of a serial abductor/killer's rampage, a beautiful young teen, Riley Lawson, goes missing. When her desperate parents, Will and Kate, are contacted by her kidnapper, an insufferable FBI Special Agent takes charge of the case.But, from deep within the psychopathic subterranean world created by Otis, Riley turns the tables on her tormentor, manages to escape and to contact her parents. And, fed up with the tragi-comic inability of the FBI to find their girl, Will, Kate, and Riley's brother, Reed decide to take matters - and justice - into their own hands
½ July 16, 2012
Pretty freakin' awesome in my opinion.
April 30, 2012
Not funny, not great story, decent soundtrack. All in all, I was let down after expecting nothing.