Ouija Board: Bunshinsaba - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Ouija Board: Bunshinsaba Reviews

July 26, 2012
With probably the longest screen time of long-haired females, Bunshinsaba begins with promise; it bears great cinematography, use of locations, and an appealing cast of females. However, at the end of the day, it is excessively convoluted, affected both from confusing storytelling as well as fractured editing. Furthermore, as a movie that purely scares, Bunshinsaba does not deliver, when it could have
½ February 4, 2012
Another mind**** movie. Again, I liked the direction of the storyline but it felt like there were so many twists intersecting each other that the main plot got drowned a little. I do however, liked the choice of actors & actresses because the roles were very well-played. Good attempt at trying to make the movie more original. Overall, decent enough for a horror movie night
½ August 19, 2011
Well is there anything we haven't seen before? The answer is simple 'NO'. As the plot suggests, the whole movie revolves in the consequences. As any other Asian movie you'll find the same girl with long hair coming over and over on the screen to frighten you with some acoustic bass and creepy sounds. Here the problem is that it repeats again and again with very low scare scale. The story is pretty simple and there's nothing much to expect. Still it manages to keep us awake with the screenplay. They should have modified the story and presented with some surprises as the basic idea of horror i.e. the woman with long hair fails here. The atmosphere which builds is definitely creepy to some extent but not up to the mark. The theme is also the old lame revenge of ghost type which makes it just an average movie who might be able to frighten amateurs.
August 3, 2011
This is amazing horror. Good story, good scares, and Great build up. I've seen many foreign horror movies and this is still one of the best. Ignore the one critic review, because this movie is WORTH IT. Its one of the only horror movies I've seen that had a good amount of quality scares (more than 5)
July 18, 2011
This horror generally follows similar traits to other Asian curse movies. The plot is about horrific "suicides" of girls at a school in a Korean village, whilst bringing back memories of dark chapters in the communities past.

As is the norm for Korean movies, the movie is set in beautiful scenery whilst the direction and acting is surprisingly great also taking in the age of a number of the actors.

On the other hand, the movie's main weaknesses are two fold. The story meanders and doesn't seem coherent, whilst the movie also takes too much from others in the genre. At points it appeared to go for frights above all else, trying to outdo it peers, but really its the storyline that is usually the most important point of Asian horror movies. Regardless, original it really isn't, but its still not bad. I enjoyed it, but I still wouldn't push anyone to go watch it. A good viewing but no classic.
July 2, 2011
Well done, thoughtful, creepy Korean horror flick. Doesn't spoon feed you everything. Beautifully shot.
½ June 16, 2011
How many times I have to tell it to you? Ouija is just a myth (Im serious)
Mr Awesome
½ January 24, 2011
Koreans are weird. They like to pick on blind girls and gather themselves into torch-bearing mobs at the drop of a hat. Men call it seduction when they scream in a woman's face as they grab and paw at her. Not only do they find it completely plausible that their neighbors might be witches, but they encourage their other neighbors to burn down said neighbor's house in order to drive them out of town. So, yadda-yadda, some girls are getting picked on at school and summon a ghost to curse the bullies and of course the whole thing backfires and blows up in their faces (quite literally). While the plot is fairly intricate for this kind of movie, and while it's way better than the korean movie about the killer tree (Acacia), it's still not scary in the least.
January 24, 2011
the only thing i like 'bout this movie is the girls creepy eyes. (O_O)
December 25, 2010
an interesting story about curses and reincarnations...hmmm
½ October 8, 2010
I love Korean horror films but I didn't get this one :s
April 5, 2010
This 2004 Korean Supernatural Film is so terrifying about a schoolgirl named Yoo-Jin placed a deadly curse on her bullies.
December 15, 2009
I am hearing good things about this
ScoopOnline
December 13, 2009
Often Teenagers use cult stuff when they have troubles at home at school. Mostly the left out ones. I m not prejuding what I mean to say is that they do very dangerous things and the nearest is the Cult and it begins with Ouija Boards.
The Movie lacked in tiny bit of details regarding Ouija but else everthing was quite Enjoyable.
September 7, 2009
this is sooooo cool...watch it during midnight
August 15, 2009
There are numerous effective, scary scenes and generally the film is quite well-paced but the god-awful twist completely ruins the good build-up.
½ May 8, 2009
Well, what to say? Gosh.
½ April 15, 2009
when will bullies learn that if you set the weird girl's head on fire and burn down her mom's house while she's inside, that they'll probably be killed by their ghosts, or their reincarnations? great cinematography, good effects, good actors, but a weak and predictable plot.