The Mighty Macs Reviews

• Jun 20, 2020

A great film about the early days of woman's basketball, interesting characters and a powerful true story. A must see for fans.

• Jan 26, 2018

Entertaining but formulaic with stereotyped characters.

Entertaining but formulaic with stereotyped characters.

• Oct 13, 2017

I really liked this movie. It is inspirational and very well done. It is based on the amazing real story during a critical time of change in our country. The acting is good, and the actors that play the role of athletes really know how to play the game so the footage is authentic, exciting and refreshing. I highly recommend the movie.

• Feb 27, 2014

Awesome movie..very motivating and inspirational.. Specifically knowing its a true story

• Jun 03, 2013

It was straight. Love sports movies. This one was a little "ehhhh" in the story line but at least the team won! lol

• May 10, 2013

An OK movie. Too much crammed into the time allotted and Carla Gugino's lack of acting range disappointed me although I did enjoy looking at her.

• Nov 18, 2012

Good movie and inspiring true story for the underdogs in the Sports World, makes you want to get out there and cheer with the Nuns!

• Nov 07, 2012

sports dramagood historical

sports dramagood historical

• Oct 29, 2012

This is a review from Julianna Noone, reporting for KIDS FIRST! Whether you are into basketball, or just an average girl growing up today, âThe Mighty Macsâ? is a movie that will inspire you. This movie, based in the early 1970â(TM)s, is about Cathy Rush (Carla Gugino â" Night of the Museum) a young married woman who decides she wants a career over just waiting at home each day for her husband Ed (David Boreanaz â" Bones) to come home from his job each day. She is a great example for all women and especially young women who must decide on going to college and finding a career for themselves. Cathyâ(TM)s dream is to coach basketball. This wasnâ(TM)t a usual job for a woman in the 1970â(TM)s but it didnâ(TM)t stop Cathy from following her dream. This is a great lesson for anyone, regardless if you are a girl or a boy, an athlete or a non-athlete. Follow your dream and donâ(TM)t let anyone tell you that you canâ(TM)t do it. For anyone that plays organized sports, you know that a Coach does more than teach you the actual sport, they teach you life lessons as well. Whether is to be the best you can be at anything you do or to want more for yourself than others expect, this story will inspire you. The coach also teaches you about teamwork and that everyone on the team is more than a team, but a family. One of my favorite parts of the movie is when the team helps one âtomboyishâ? girl, look like a beautiful woman for their team photo. It was a great point in the movie, where the team really came together as a âfamilyâ?. Another of my favorite parts of this movie is after their first game, another loss, Cathy is angry with the teamâ(TM)s effort, so she takes them outside in the rain to practice. She leads the girls through defensive slides (this is a basketball drill where you shuffle your feet left to right, then back, with your hands out) in a tunnel, yelling âquick and dryâ?, over and over again. I rate this film 5 out of 5 stars, because I love basketball and itâ(TM)s totally inspiring for young girls and basketball players too, showing you what hard work and determination can do for a person. I recommend this film for girls 10 â" 18 years old.

• Oct 24, 2012

It's the Hoosiers of women's college basketball!

It's the Hoosiers of women's college basketball!