Our Nixon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Our Nixon Reviews

September 26, 2015
incredibly interesting. private, behind the scenes films of Haldeman, Ehrlichman, et. al. queued to contemporaneous audio from the tapes... and post-facto interviews with them in various degrees of introspection. really strange and compelling. really well done. hated when it ended.
½ May 10, 2015
tricky dicky with his pants down!!
February 26, 2015
Excellent archive film!
½ April 26, 2014
An entertaining film with a unique (if not entirely groundbreaking) perspective on the Nixon White House and Watergate.
April 16, 2014
A fascinating account of America's most corrupt president. I love everything about the Nixon Administration on film, and this is the quintessential documentary about it. The Super 8 footage is fascinating to watch and the interviews with Nixon's aids are nothing short of shocking. Penny Lane is one of America's best independent filmmakers, and this is her best film yet.
½ February 12, 2014
A fascinating home movie glimpse into the Nixon White House. A few of the conversations between Nixon and his aides are beyond belief. The compelling thing about this film is the videos which were all taken by Nixon admin officials with the infamous Nixon recordings interspersed over the top.
February 8, 2014
Fascinating look inside that alternates between total contempt and awe for Nixon.
February 7, 2014
Good Documentary. It was nice too see some new film from that era. Although the Nixon administration was comprised of truly evil men with the worst intentions, it does give us one of the last bright shining moments of American democracy; when we the people stood up and held them accountable. Sadly, ...read morethat was longer possible during the rape of our nation by the Bush regime. Hopefully future generations can reclaim what has been lost since the Nixon years.
½ December 18, 2013
A rather lite but most interesting feature documentary on former American President Richard M. Nixon composed of never-before-seen home movie footage taken by his very young White House staff who were avid fans of the new medium (Super 8 home video). The video captures their Nixon through their camera lens with some rather private and intimate moments the public did not have access to ... and knowing what happened to these avid ideologues and their leader makes the doc all the more fascinating. They videotaped almost everything ... never realizing their own recordings could one day reveal what they were all up to that could come back and ruin their White House careers. H.R. Haldeman was Nixon's Chief of Staff and he helped populate his staff with young do-gooders such as Dwight Chapin and other yes-men like John Ehrlichman who all unfortunately became entangled in a little political scandal known as Watergate. The film captures their idealistic hopes and dreams but also all of their naivety ... and with a 70s vibe and a nearly perfect soundtrack featuring Tracey Ullman's 'They Don't Know About Us', I couldn't help but like this film ... a lot. Docs should educate or spark an interest ... and this one did both plus entertain. Nixon was human and he erred ... and in doing so he gave us this great documentary.
½ November 8, 2013
Fascinating documentary about the Nixon Presidency even if there aren't any great fresh insights in this film. The main attraction is seeing the recently released Super 8 footage taken by the disgraced presidential aides Halderman, Erhlichman & Chapin behind the scenes in the Nixon White House.
September 12, 2013
Nixon docs/movies always a fun watch lol
½ September 7, 2013
Fairly neutral documentary on the Nixon years. Somewhat more forgiving of Nixon than other projects have been.
August 31, 2013
While the home movies are interesting, this does not really fit into a documentary.
August 29, 2013
I like the movie.. I saw this movie on CNN but I wish it info on Nixon after the watergate scandals.
½ August 4, 2013
must see for any political historian, or for that matter anyone unfamiliar or familiar with the Nixon administration. Born after Nixon resigned, I found this documentary film bring me closer to the President and those around him. Very well done...
August 2, 2013
Just when you start thinking that maybe Nixon was just being so defensive because politicians and newsmen made him paranoid, you hear him start talking about the homos and the gooks.....a great inside look at what this complex man was really like in private.....
½ July 22, 2013
A short and humanizing documentary film on era-specific politics. It's a very good example of when new technology (camcorders) hits mainstream consumption and application.
June 25, 2013
Moderately interesting. We've heard all this stuff before, but it's presented in coherent and reasonably compelling form here.