Out for Blood Reviews

• Feb 28, 2009

This is one of Don's best movies from the silver age of his career (defined as from Bloodfist IV to Ring of Fire 3). Yeah, I only gave it two and a half stars, but that's literally an oscar-caliber rating for the type of movies he made back then. It's a hard-nosed vengeance/vigilante pic in the vein of 'Death Wish'. I haven't seen this movie since it first came out on VHS lo so many years ago, but it was pretty good for the type of movie he was making at the time. Wilson stars as a lawyer seeking revenge for his family's killing, so he goes out at night and dishes out justice kickboxing style. In retrospect, the plot kind of reminds me of Corey Yuen's 1986 HK flick 'Righting Wrongs,' starring Yuen Biao and Cynthia Rothrock, which deals with similar themes with a lawyer kickboxing his way to vengeance. The police and media have dubbed him the "karate man,"and even now that still cracks me up. I always thought that line was funny he speaks in one scene: "I''m not the karate man!" Can you imagine using that in everyday conversation @ inappropriate times? I could. I'm not sure how easy this movie is to track down, but I think if you're a big Wilson guy (or gal), it'd be well worth it.