Out of Liberty Reviews

• 2d ago

Out of Liberty portrays an interesting conflict when one's duty and what's right aren't aligned, leading to a series of tense scenes.

• May 02, 2020

Not a film if you think movies are about action and blood. If however you follow some great acting back in time to events surrounding the history of Missouri and John Smith. There is a monologue done about 27 minutes in that I found very moving.

• Dec 03, 2019

Highly recommend this film.

Highly recommend this film.

• Katharine
    Nov 19, 2019

Good movie on history

Good movie on history

• Nov 08, 2019

Very timely examination of public opinion versus the law. And truth versus public perception of truth. Well written, well acted. Not fast paced but reflective and excellent camera work.

• Nov 04, 2019

This movie has the feel of 12 Angry Men, as tension and conflict, both physical and personal, spirals between the characters. I particularly enjoyed the portrayal of the jailers dedication to upholding the law while subsequently being attacked and abused by the citizens intent on taking their own justice. The cinematography is breathtaking. Knowing the back stories of the characters will increase your enjoyment of this film.

• Nov 04, 2019

This was such a great depiction of a moment in history unknown to many. It is a piece of Mormon history but also a piece of US history. If this can happen then it can happen now. When we let our hate consume is to the point that we forget to see each other as himself beings the cycle will continue. I loved seeing it from the eyes of the jailer. If we could only choose to uphold the laws for all of our brothers and sisters with such conviction. Thank you for taking the time to share this beautiful message.

• Nov 03, 2019

Masterpiece in every way: the story-telling, acting, and cinematography were phenomenal. For all religious and political beliefs. Love this film!

• Nov 01, 2019

I liked this movie. Well acted. True to life. It was very well done.

I liked this movie. Well acted. True to life. It was very well done.

• Oct 15, 2019

Does not properly portray physical appearances or personalities which have been well documented. In an attempt to portray from a different perspective this film loses historical accuracy.