The Outlaw Josey Wales - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Outlaw Josey Wales Reviews

January 4, 2015
An American Western masterpiece!!
½ December 28, 2014
This is an important part of why I like Westerns: their "revisionist" history.
December 24, 2014
Epic movie, timeless classic tale from the Wild West period. Eastwood's best performance that I've seen as a lead role.
December 15, 2014
Like every other Eastwood western, it's great!
½ November 29, 2014
Superb tale of a legendary Confederate rider whose name echoes across the wide land. Those who hunt him seek to bury there own pasts, but get buried themselves.
October 13, 2014
The best Eastwood western is crisp,well written and well......Clint's just soooooo bad ass in this classic story of revenge.
October 3, 2014
A really dumb shoot-em-up western, complete with gatling guns. Hard to believe that this is from the same director as "Flags of Our Fathers!"
October 3, 2014
Typical Eastwood action, excecution, and it's ability to draw you in to the movie. A tevisionist western that includes a great cast, an honest perspective of the tradgedy of the civil was as well as a connection to our native americans...number one of my five favorite westerns that includes Tombstone, Open Range and Silverado
September 30, 2014
Eastwood Directs And Stars As A Hard-Hitting, Fast-Drawing Loner, Recalling Traits From His "Man With No Name" Character From His Spaghetti Westerns. After Avenging His family's Brutal Murder, Wales Is Branded An Outlaw & Must Stay On The Run. He Travels Alone Until A Group Of Outcasts Are Drawn To Him. Wales Must Now Protect His Surrogate Family, From The Bounty Hunters After Him & Indians Who May Attack At Any Moment. Eastwood's Skill Before & Behind The Camera Connects With His Audience Through The Films Dry Humour, Tenderness & Its Action Sequences.
September 29, 2014
Love how he gobs on all manner of creatures
September 28, 2014
I own this on DVD and Blu-Ray.
½ September 3, 2014
(63%)
Without doubt a Eastwood movie. The plot is simple, the characters are simple, the direction is very unfussy and it tells its story well. This is a 70's PG so expect a fair amount of violence, a couple of rape scenes, and a message that if people wrong you then bloody vengeance is the only answer. The pacing isn't exactly sharp, but there's at least a realistic, gritty edge throughout. And old Clint plays an old west wronged man like no other, and it's clear that he has learned a thing or two from all those spaghetti westerns. Overall a good watch that all true fans should track down.
½ August 20, 2014
'The Man With No Name' revives his western career with another classic although it doesn't reach the high standards of his first trilogy, "The Dollars".
½ August 9, 2014
Great western, now a lost art form it would seem.
½ August 8, 2014
While perhaps hamstrung by some weaker supporting roles and lethargic pacing, Josey Wales still boasts a witty script, a light-hearted tone and a typically compelling performance by Eastwood.
August 4, 2014
It's not Clint Eastwood's best Weston but it's still a good film.
July 26, 2014
Good one.
one of the classic of clint Eastwood.
July 26, 2014
From spit, to grim death, to battle, to laughs a journey with the great Josey Wales is a fun ride and a classic good old fashioned western.
July 22, 2014
Add another perfect role into Eastwood's canon. He is as quick with his wit and tongue as he is with his pistol.
½ July 16, 2014
I remember this one. I think.