Outrageous Fortune - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Outrageous Fortune Reviews

January 17, 2011
"Look around, we haven't seen a single white person in miles!" "What are you talking about? Look, there's one right there. Oh no....got him." HAHA!
January 9, 2011
Cute '80s curio noteworthy primarily for the period fashion. Which is tremendous.
December 9, 2010
One of my guilty pleasures.
December 4, 2010
Lesson learned: if you're making a bickering odd couple road/caper/chase movie, it's best to go full madcap. This is unexpectedly kind of awesome for that exact reason. At first I was rolling my eyes when the logic disappeared and Long and Midler started randomly stealing motorcycles and crawling through baggage claim conveyor belts without discussing their plans, but then things get so absurd and blown out of proportion that it cycles back around to being kind of brilliant. You might as well throw reality fully out the window and have them sneak into a brothel in drag to steal a dangerous biotoxin, right? It's actually sort of a smart script, giving an uncommon amount of character building in the first third before letting things get really unhinged, planting small details that actually turn out to be useful later on, and best of all, letting two female leads be funny and bawdy. It may aim a little low, but it's great entertainment.
½ September 27, 2010
Two rivaling women with very different personalities enroll in the same acting class and rub off on one another as they pursue their shared lover, a virus-armed criminal caught between the CIA and KGB.
March 3, 2010
does needle dick the bug f***ker mean anything to you?
½ February 6, 2010
One of my all time favorite movies! Loved it ever since I was a kid, and it's still one of the best! Everyone has to watch it!!
February 1, 2010
A fairly good comedy has a few laughs.
½ January 24, 2010
Sturdy commercialised comedy with Bette Midler usurping Shelley Long for the laughs.
FilmFanatik
January 7, 2010
Hadn't seen this since I was a kid, barely remembered it. Pretty funny, if unlikely movie. In the 80s, you really to suspend your disbelief in order to watch something like this. lol
November 26, 2009
Hilarious shenanigans abound
November 20, 2009
well umn just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a good movie 2 watch.....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie....i think that george carlin, shelley long, bette midler, peter coyote play good roles/parts throughout this movie.....i think that the director of this comedy movie had done a good job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....i think that this maybe a cheesy 1980's comedy movie but this is a really enjoyable movie 2 watch with a good cast throughout this movie
½ October 30, 2009
Bette Midler is hilarious in this one...but the movie is slow and boring...until the big explosion and everything starts going in high gear!
October 28, 2009
hillarious film, love it!
½ October 25, 2009
Shelley and Better were great together in this very very funny flick
September 15, 2009
Predictable 80s comedy to pass the time without requiring you to pay close attention.
½ August 30, 2009
Bette Midler and Shelley Long had chemistry. The supporting cast: Peter Coyote, George Carlin, Anthony Heald and Robert Prosky was as amusing as the female leads.
August 21, 2009
Some of the lines out of Bette and Shelley are hilarious. Great goofy fun!
June 28, 2009
another favourite of mine :)
June 10, 2009
Seen it on TV loads of times, always makes me laugh :-)