Outside Providence - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Outside Providence Reviews

April 23, 2011
Cool story - slice of life film. Set in the 70's. Written by one of the Farrely Bros, but not directed. Kick ass soundtrack.
½ April 21, 2011
Underrated film, Baldwin is hilarious
March 3, 2011
Another of my dvd picks this week. The one time the Farrelly Bros. stretched a bit. A nice little coming of age story...pretty funny stuff. Alec Baldwin as the father steals every scene he's in.
One of my favorite lines ever is when Baldwin is talking to his teenage son about sex. :"Sex is like Chinese food. It over til you both get your cookies." Think I'll use that one myself someday
January 31, 2011
Alec Baldwin should have received an oscar for his performance in this movie.
November 10, 2010
A lot of juvenile gags.
August 13, 2010
love this movie! it never get's old to me....dildo
June 19, 2010
Stoners rule the world !!!!
½ May 1, 2010
Its funny and offbeat and at time quite touching. Kind of odd coming from the Farrelly Brothers
½ October 22, 2009
I've known about this movie pretty much all of my life, as my dad had bought the soundtrack when it first came out. From then until about 2006 I'd never watched it, but I figured with that kick ass soundtrack, it was bound to be good. And you know what? It was. A little bland at parts, but better than most other movies with pretty good soundtracks.
August 20, 2009
A dramedy that fails at both ends. Lacking the depth of a drama and the laughs of a comedy. I liked the music, but it was all wrong for the time period. Alec Baldwin was good, but his role was minimal. The Farrelly brothers are good at what they do. This is not what they do.
½ August 12, 2009
It reminded me of my high school (although not as strict). It's a light hearted movie about a pot smoking teenager who gets sent off to prep school in CT after being arrested. The movie simply follows his character turning into a mature adult. It's pretty forgettable. Alec Baldwin is pretty funny as the conservative father, but the laughs are too few and far between. It did do a good job of reminding me of my high school years, but thats all.
July 10, 2009
pretty damn funny. great soundtrack.
½ June 24, 2009
If you liked "Dazed & Confused" watch this.
½ June 24, 2009
A very good comedy that was ahead of it's time back in 1999. If you put out a movie similar to this with the same cast today, it would be more of hit I believe. The story is a funny one which you would expect from the director's and the cast. Alec Baldwin is hilarious as the father and delver's some great moments throughout the movie. If you enjoy funny comedies you can't go wrong with this flick.
½ June 16, 2009
Soundtrack tries to land it next to Dazed and Confused unsuccessfully, but still a pretty good movie.
½ June 14, 2009
Complete waste of time.
½ May 15, 2009
Intermittently amusing comedy whose underachieving nature is both its downfall and its source of what mild laughs are to be had. Film's lack of aspirations are perhaps exemplified by the fact that its stoner character is actually named "Drugs". The type of unassuming comedy that may hold up better than one might expect.
May 6, 2009
if you haven't seen it, you should. unless you hate stoner flicks...
April 28, 2009
A few good laughs and a decent storyline.
April 28, 2009
Nothing special, yet still enjoyable.