Overdrawn at the Memory Bank - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Overdrawn at the Memory Bank Reviews

October 24, 2016
OVERDRAWN AT THE MEMORY BANK must be the worst TV movie ever made. This movie is such a careless waste of money and TV video- which is what this completely incomprehensible dog excrement was filmed on- and that is an insult to dog excrement. That is how much I hated this movie. This whole film feels like a half-assed exercise- like the filmmakers didn't even care or try to make this an even followable movie.

In addition to this movie having what seems like an incomplete script, this whole movie is really like a prank. It psychologically kicks you in the nuts for watching it during the credits- because the open-ended ending is extremely unsatisfying and innapropriate, and the TV news-type score is appallingly misleading and bad. It feels like the movie is laughing at its viewers for having watched it.

Raul Julia- who was a good actor in his own right- had to live the final 16 years of his life knowing he starred in OVERDRAWN AT THE MEMORY BANK. That is a burden that would drive any normal person to commit suicide, I believe.
May 1, 2016
Raul Julia was a brilliant, charming, classically trained actor. However, all the talent and charisma in the world couldn't have saved this amateurish sci-fi mess; a film that couldn't even decide if it wanted to be a god-awful 'Blade Runner' wannabe or a god-awful '2001: A Space Odyssey' wannabe.
½ October 28, 2015
A low budget "Lawnmower man" with Raul Julia as the only redeeming factor and he can't save this film.
½ October 10, 2013
A PBS film dealing with Matrix-like issues (sort-of, well maybe more Total Recall). REally low-budget and story wasn't even on par with a dime-store sci-fi story. Animals are Beautiful People footage was used, which was cool! Viewed in the Satellite of Love.
August 28, 2012
This is one of those "so bad it's good films". Watch the MST3K version if you want to make it through this one.
½ September 17, 2011
The Matrix movie you've never seen before. Including more anteater bashing than you'd ever care for! MST3K did a terrific job ripping this one apart. Very funny.
September 16, 2011
Someone forgot to mention Raul Julia, but not who designed the cover.
½ April 13, 2011
No more. I submit. Just... stop turning people into koalas.
January 14, 2011
Although I loved seeing Julia play the lead in this movie, and he tried his best, this movie didn't deserve him. The story is bad, the special effects are bad, and it's weird and confusing. It's not a good movie.
November 28, 2010
I obviously MST3K'd this, but goodness is it ever a spectacle of awful. (Poor Raul Julia!)
I imagine this isn't quite as entertaining without MST3K commentary, but it's still pretty delightfully bad as it is.
August 16, 2010
A plot is impossible to decipher. This is not a good thing, unfortunately.
whosinthenews
July 15, 2010
FINGALLLL, YOU ARE MINE!...with bernay sauce!

How to best describe OATMB?...hmm, well, imagine yourself in the ninth circle of hell, or in an alternate reality where Blade Runner was directed by Coleman Francis. The result is an hour and twenty-four minute mobius strip debacle that tries to mask its microscopic plot points with loads of techno-babble in a futile attempt at padding out the run time. If an entire film could be pre-washed in dramamine, this would be it.
That being said, this is easily one of the great, bad sci-fi movies of all time. Every ingredient is present: a lard laden villain. A bony romantic interest who sits and stares at a computer screen the entire film. Demented children. Raul Julia. A hysterical nurse who cries for five minutes about some thing happening to some guy. AND not MUCH MORE! Enjoy.
June 1, 2010
I loved Raul Julia, but the movie itself isn't worth of him. The plot is confusing and stupid, the horrible special effects get in the way all the time, and I still can't believe that guy who was trying to impersonate Peter Lorre! On the bright side, this movie is hilarious because of all those things, it's so bad you keel over laughing. I felt bad for Raul being in this movie. Anyway, if you want to watch a hilariously bad movie, check this out.
May 24, 2010
And also with my favorite of the guy's quotes from the episode :)

[b]Boggy Creek 2[/b]

The best actor was Tanya, and she sucked. What does that tell you?
[i]Bryant:...Much of this land is still and should remain unspoiled...[/i]
[i]Tom: ...As blue smoke poured from my motor.[/i]

(later)

[i]Mike (as Bryant): I put Tim in front to absorb the first hail of bullets.[/i]

[b]Space Mutiny[/b]

Horrible acting, writing and completely unoriginal.
[i](after a guy has had a laser shoot his stomach)[/i]
[i]Tom (as the guy): Oh, someone get me a Zantac, quick![/i]

[b]Squirm[/b]

It's terrible, but not as bad as you might think given the subject matter.
[i](Roger is massaging his breast after his father poked it)[/i]
[i]Tom (as Roger): Oh baby...oh wait, that's me![/i]

[b]Prince of Space[/b]

HORRIBLY dubbed, the kids were annoying, and the dialogue was laughable.
[i](Dr. Macken wakes to find Krankor standing over him)[/i]
[i]Mike (as Krankor): Mm, good morning honey.[/i]

[b]Overdrawn at the Memory Bank[/b]

Raul Julia is the film's only saving grace.
([i]After Rick and the James Cagney copycat try and block the door with a large wicker chair)[/i]
[i]Mike: Yeah, that'll stop the 400 pound guy who smells pancakes![/i]

[i](After Rick as been shot)[/i]
[i]Tom (as Rick): You must remember this, my liver has been pierced...[/i]

Stay tuned for part 2 (and possibly 3!)
May 24, 2010
MASS is gone for good. Not a happy day.

I SAW THE MST3K VERSION OF THIS REALLY BAD FILM.
½ March 2, 2010
AKA The Matrix version .00000000000000000123. Makes 1970's Dr. Who spfx sheer works of genius.
January 20, 2010
A fascinating premise defeated by weak direction and cheap (make that MEGA CHEAP) looking presentation. Worth a look for the morbidly curious and those that never miss a Raul Julia flick (including Street Fighter!)
December 19, 2009
"Fingal you make me tingle, are your single? Give me a jingle."
½ October 28, 2009
Hahahahaha! But when the MST3K guys get their hands on it, it's fantastic!
October 22, 2009
Screw this movie, I'd love to be an anteater.