Oxy-morons - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Oxy-morons Reviews

½ January 20, 2015
There are some awful things about this film, but if you can put them aside, it can be fun to watch FOR FREE. let me explain....

Obviously written by the actors who play themselves. Also written to make themselves seem super cool and awesome. They will through stuff at the end of sentences that dont need to be there like "so they say your from charlestown...the place were only the tough can survive?" ... "yeah thats right, me and my brother, who are really tough, run the whole drug game here, in charlestown, a place were only the tough can survive"... and other stupid stuff to make us understand just how cool they are and rep their neighborhood.

The plot doesn't make much sense (many holes) and they repeat the plot through meaningless dialogue every few scenes to remind us what is going on. like every time they bring up this one character, they mention things he has done in the movie after saying his name (this is not a spoiler alert. this info is pretty much out there in the first scene)... "greco, the man who killed my father is at the door"..."oh really? he's here early, greco, the man who killed your father and just knocked on the door is here" Its like they made this movie for people who cant comprehend basic stories or people who are texting and not paying attention....ORRRR maybe its for those who are nodding out and need a recap for the scenes they missed.

Also, this was written by known drug dealers and they get the dosage wrong several times for how many 5mg pills fit into 80mg. its a very simple math equation. How did they make a living off selling pills if they cant count? This was written by complete fools. The only reason they ever made money is through luck and balls (that sounded like a line in the movie) . Intelligence....no where to be found in this movie,

BUT...it is an entertaining watch if you

1. are, or were ever addicted to opiates
2. do not mind awful dialogue
3. want to laugh at some terrible acting (like someone sobbing uncontrollably while reading a letter, while at the same time, remaining cool and gangster) or someone screaming to the sky different peoples names through out the movie
4. can put aside the holes in the plot and just want to enjoy the overall story line.
March 30, 2014
Sad tripped movie I loved it have tosee again
½ July 22, 2013
excellent and moving entertainment... really shows the ups and downs off that little pill we love to call oxy-contin.. the daily struggles of a boston family who turns to crime and death over something so simple.. this movie was great.. i thought it was gonna be a low budget film, but actually had some decent acting in it.. based on a true story!!! def dont recommend watching this, if you are a crackhead feigning for oxys
March 7, 2013
This movie is the best NO SHIT!!!!!!
February 18, 2013
One of the best no bullshit movies I have seen in a long time. . .very inspiring as well!
January 14, 2013
Fukkin amazing movie
December 3, 2012
Pretty good so far even if it did fall short on some details dealing with Oxycontin black market.
November 26, 2012
Johnny Hickey's brutal yet informational film about drug addicts in Charlestown deserves to be seen, it's a warning to people about the affects one drug can do to a man and how bad the legal drugs in this country are, oxy-contin is prescribed in pharmacy's throughout the country, and oxy comes from the same plant as Heroin! That's the main message in this film, oxy leads to heroin. This film is a thrill ride that will scare the drug addict out of you (if your into that shit) and the films excessive brutality is justified in it's message. As Hickey has stated "I've changed many of the names in my story. Not to protect the innocent, no one in this fuckin' story's innocent"
November 25, 2012
Filmmakers often romanticize drug life and prison life, whether fictional movie or "documentary", there is usually a wistful airiness to the presentation which trivializes the actual life. Oxy-morons fails, in a lot of ways, to present a story which flows well and makes a lot of poor editing decisions. But Hickey's presentation of both the drug life and life behind bars is one of the least romantic--and most realistic--portrays I have seen. It earns its NC-17 rating, but this should be shown in high schools to give a more accurate depiction of what going down the opiate path can lead to.
November 25, 2012
This movie is not horrible, but it is definitely not good. The acting is very over the top and many scenes are just plain unrealistic. While the film does a good job showing the progression that can happen from oxys to heroin, I'm confused how they messed up the rest so badly. I understand taking artistic license with a story, but this stuff is so over the top it just seemed to turn into fiction.
November 2, 2012
A riveting tail, I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Tragic but true to life storyline.This movie really hit home because I'm from Quincy,Ma and my fiance is from Brockton,Ma both Town's also hit hard by the oxycontin trade that took over not only Boston but the south shore area as well. R.I.P to all who've overdosed and good luck to those addicted you have a long and tough road ahead of you but it's not impossible to overcome.
Mike: Quincy, Ma
October 7, 2012
Damn. Really good movie.
September 6, 2012
I swear to god if this Movie had a higher budget on special effects, and all that Hollywood shit, then this would go down as one of the best drug/gang/crime movies ever made. There's nothing original about it, but it borrows from such great movies, that it seemed absolutely original. One of the best movies I've seen all year, I recommend it to anyone that can get past the suspect blood splatters, and low production value, as it will kick your ass with powerful performances, and edge of your seat suspense. 5 stars.
August 24, 2012
if you like action and crime movie this would be the one to watch
August 18, 2012
High rating there...
Just got this movie, i will give it a try!
Thanx reviewers
½ August 11, 2012
A pretty good B-movie, about the introduction of the OxyContin culture in the later 90"s.
April 13, 2012
Gritty and straight to the point. One of the best independent films I've watched in a long time. Definitely worth the $4.99 "ON DEMAND".
½ April 9, 2012
Oxy-morons is one of the best kick ass films I've ever seen it was filmed in my home town and a lot of the stars are my friends, thank God they made it out ...if you want to see a movie that's going to keep you on the edge of your seat through the whole film this is for you, Johnny Hickey does not disappoint it is now on demand go to search and punch in Oxy morons and kick back and enjoy the excitement ...... It's one hell of a ride!!!!
½ April 7, 2012
Watched OXY-MORONS On Demand (Comcast) last night. Very powerful and well-done film debut about an absolutely heart-wrenching story of addiction.
April 6, 2012
BEST MOVIE I'VE SENN IN A LONG TIME!