Well, it was fun while it lasted.

I guess Michael Bay just can't stay fresh.
Ben Thompson
04-25-2013 06:51 PM

Thread Replies

Please log in to participate in this forum.

Kevin Payne Jr.

Kevin Payne Jr.

Honestly who cares? Rottentomatoes isn't the pivotal factor in determining if your movie is good. I never agree with the so called critics. Almost everybody I asked who saw it, loved it. To they movies to please the sleezy critics or for the actually people who go to movies and enjoy themselves and not sit there will a notebook grading a movie like it's some damn exam.

Apr 26 - 06:05 AM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

I mostly use RT as a guide for watching movies. If I ever go to a DVD store, I would know what's good by using RT. If I see Movie 43 or A Haunted House on one of the shelves, do I buy it? No, I don't. But you know what I should buy instead? Django Unchained. I heard that was an awesome film. Maybe I'll buy Pain & Gain too because it looks decent enough. Sometimes, you just can't trust other people. Most of my friends think Project X is one of the greatest pieces of cinema today.

Apr 26 - 09:50 AM

Bazooka Jew

Bazooka Jew

I agree, Ben. I've picked up some really awesome films I probably would have never thought of watching by looking at their score and reading the reviews.

Apr 26 - 10:07 AM

Face Nyland

Face Nyland

I found Martyrs on sale for $2.99 a couple years ago. I ignored the reviews and bought it. Best $3 I've ever spent.

Apr 26 - 05:07 PM

bek1

Brian Kiser

I go to my movies to have fun and skip the notebooks, but the critics generally make good picks. Are they off sometimes? Sure.

Really, I only have one question for you: Are you the type of person that enjoyed watching the mindless action of the last Die Hard movie?

Apr 26 - 01:04 PM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

The Rock (Movie) has a 67%

Apr 25 - 07:06 PM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

That's good. At least he had one fresh film before permanently staying inside the rotten territory.

Apr 25 - 07:15 PM

This comment has been removed.

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

He's talking about the movie called "The Rock" with Sean Connery, smart ass.

Apr 25 - 08:22 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Kids nowadays...

Apr 25 - 08:54 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

I know. I know. I blame gangster rap.

Apr 25 - 08:55 PM

Ash Gilmore

Ash J. Gilmore

Damn kids and their hippity hopping and Interweb searching...

Apr 25 - 08:58 PM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

They should just read a damn book every once in a while!

Apr 25 - 09:00 PM

Killer Jay

Jay Catler

And a magazine about what Nicki Minaj and Rihanna did over the summer is not a book.

Apr 26 - 02:55 AM

Ben Thompson

Ben Thompson

You guys are being too stereotypical about kids.

Apr 26 - 04:46 AM

Alex M.

Hipster Elitist Maverick

You might be taking this conversation too seriously.

Apr 26 - 01:49 PM

Find us on:                     
Help | About | Jobs | Critics Submission | Press | API | Licensing | Mobile