Palmetto - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Palmetto Reviews

August 2, 2017
Didn't rewatch so fudging the rating, had the VHS
½ June 4, 2017
I had fond memories of this sweaty Southern Noir from the old video store days, and I was very pleased that the revisit paid off. Woody Harrelson plays an ex-con who gets fished into a faked kidnapping that quickly turns real, leaving him in a world of trouble, and it's a fun ride.

Well worth a look if you haven't seen it.
June 22, 2015
Great Film Noir......
½ May 15, 2015
Just droans on and on without really stating much.
½ January 11, 2015
It's my second view. really good, genre-ridiculing, underrated, shiny example of neo-noir
May 17, 2014
This film is not all that original but is still fun to watch!
April 30, 2013
The sex scenes in this movie are bogus and there's no action.
½ December 31, 2012
The plot has a definite sense of deja-vu but the actors are still fun to watch. Shue, especially, hams it up just enough to make this enjoyable midnight cable trash.
November 13, 2012
Good actors, baaaad movie. Over-the-top thriller. In the same cheesy vein as "Snake Eyes".
½ November 3, 2012
A decent noir, very enjoyable.
½ October 8, 2012
Had the potential to be a great thriller, but lacks that spark to make it so. Spends too much time on twists, making the plot overly convoluted and hard to follow.

Woody Harrelson gives a so-so performance. Elizabeth Shue, however, lights up the screen as the femme fatale (quite a surprising turn, as she normally plays "good girl" roles). Supporting cast includes Gina Gershon and Chloe Sevigny.
June 14, 2012
Great film. It has it all. Lust, betrayal, sex, beautiful blonde,(Shue) hot brunette,(Gershon) young vamp (Sevigny), kidnapping, greed and a few good twists. And that scene in the cottage with Woody Harrelson and Elisabeth Shue. WOW!

Elisabeth Shue:

"Maybe you better check again...I don't want you to miss anything."
April 10, 2012
woody harrelson is a man who recently released from prison for being framed gets tangled up in a fake kidnapping money making scheme
October 18, 2011
An Appealing Star Cast That Fails To Deliver. A lot of the twists don't make sense
October 6, 2011
The characters are played pretty well in this movie, except for Elisabeth Shue who ( she is really hot!!!), I think, does a little bit much. The plot is not well build and doesn't bring us to a good climax. Scenes are a little bit predictable. Could have been better.
½ July 18, 2011
A decent noir, very enjoyable.
June 14, 2011
Well cast but strangely uncinematic film which may have worked better on television.
April 22, 2011
Starts like a wacky "heist gone wrong" farce, but with needless amounts of graphic sexual groping and suddenly trying to be gritty. It ends up just be confusing. It's hard to know if you should be laughing, on edge or just masturbating. If you did any of the above, you'd be disappointed.
February 28, 2011
Filme demais, cheio de surpresas e com segredos prá desvendar, cenas sensuais bem feitas e as trapalhas de Harrelson que se vê nume bela encrenca.
December 10, 2010
A film noir-ish Wild Things lite. A little on the cheesy side, but it was well made enough to be enjoyable to me.