Pandemonium - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Pandemonium Reviews

March 5, 2016
Disastrous horror spoof with Tom Smothers as Mountie investigating series of killings inflicted on cheerleaders. Misguided attempt to capitalize on success of AIRPLANE!, only a handful of laughs and even misses on a Ronald Reagan joke.
jjnxn
½ July 11, 2015
Dumb spoof of slasher films. Half a star for the lineup of old pros they managed to corral into this mess.
December 28, 2013
This film is the funny version of "scary movie" with all the cliche 70's horror slashers. Great laughs with a great cast with moments that will make you cock your head to the side while scratching your head before you burst out laughing. If and when this comes out on DVD you have to get it!
November 9, 2013
Extremely funny and fun slasher movie spoof--Give this film a chance!!
May 26, 2012
one of the funniest movies i've ever seen. oh my gosh it is HILARIOUS. an amazing classic that anyone would love :)
April 23, 2011
I'm glad I finally got to see this on TV last night, it's not available to rent anywhere. This movie has just a bunch of my favourite actors, some of which I didn't know were going to be in the movie, so it was fun to spot them. The story of this movie is very goofy, it's a spoof movie sort of like the movie Student Bodies, but less scary and more fun. I especially liked Kane and Reubens performances in this movie. I really enjoyed this movie, and I recommend seeing it if you get the chance.
September 11, 2009
When I order a pizza I always get extra cheese and this is why...Originally titled "Thursday the 12th," this staple of early HBO is the reason I am who I am today. Loads of sight gags and word play. One of the original spoofs. Watch it and see. And if you ever get caught lookin' in someone's drawers, you can blame it on this movie.
August 26, 2009
Pandemonium really tries. I mean, it tries HARD! Come to think of it, that might have very well been it's problem. The cast is certainly up for the challenge and they frequently make things funnier than they probably were on paper. There's a few inspired moments, especially a scene where Eileen Brennen and Carol Kane re-inact a scene from Carrie. It's a great set up and the basic plot would make for a great slasher film. It predates Scary Movie by nearly 20 years and has a slightly more over the top and jokey feel than the previous years horror spoof, Student Bodies.

It's a shame Pandemonium isn't as good as it could have been. There's so much going for it and so little coming out of it. If you're a fan of one of the actors involved or a completist, you might get a kick out of it, but it's mostly unmemorable.
½ July 23, 2009
Saw this on ONTV in the dark ages before cable. Waste of celluloid. What were they thinking?
July 16, 2009
It gets one star only bc of Pee Wee Herman!
½ June 27, 2008
So bad, you have to laugh.
April 30, 2008
Lost classic fo sho good luck finding a copy!
March 29, 2008
Underrated horror spoof with an all-star cast... I think it was inspired by the meek success of the low-budget no-star Student Bodies. This film is desperate for a DVD release.
February 7, 2008
This is a great spoof movie! You really have to know your older movies to even get a lot of the jokes in this one!
½ October 22, 2007
Forgotten comedy... for a good reason. Pee Wee (Paul Reubens) Herman has a role as Deputy Johnson. VHS releases are extremely rare, and this will probably never get the DVD treatment.