Pantaleon y las Visitadoras Reviews

• May 11, 2017

Pantaleon is funny at times, but gets increasingly pessimistic. It is interesting to see the main character, Captain Pantoja, a straight-arrow army officer show his true colors under temptation. He's incredibly disciplined, but also selfish and hard to like. The Colombiana is portrayed as a temptress, but there are hints at her motivation--mainly survival--that make her sympathetic. I liked the subtle character study, but overall the movie was kind of dumb and overlong.

• Aug 05, 2013

"Pantaleón y las Visitadoras" comienza como drama cómico de increíbles situaciones pero se vuelve en un drama completo gracias a los gajes del oficio en que se ve forzado a meterse el protagonista en su absurdo cumplimiento del deber, muy bien plasmados por Salvador del Solar Angie Cepeda y el resto de su notorio elenco.

• Sep 22, 2012

Exquisite social criticism.

Exquisite social criticism.

• Feb 14, 2011

My first brush with Peruvian cinema. Take me to the Amazon, now!

My first brush with Peruvian cinema. Take me to the Amazon, now!

• Nov 04, 2010

Avevo letto il libro, ma non sapevo che esisteva il film, trovato per puro caso in TV. Argomento contrastante ed scomodo.Milizia e prostituzione. Bellissimi paesaggi della giungla amazzonica del Peruâ(TM).

• Oct 18, 2010

Muy buena con un tema super variado

Muy buena con un tema super variado

• Apr 23, 2010

Ótima história e ainda com a presença da belíssima Angie Cepeda

Ótima história e ainda com a presença da belíssima Angie Cepeda

• Apr 20, 2010

Outstanding film. Great acting and sexy women. I was happily surprised because it exceeded my expectations.

• Apr 20, 2010

The characters in this movie were predictable stereotypes who I couldn't relate to and the acting was really wooden. I suppose from the storyline that the audience is meant to like and respect the Columbiana. And yet she is depicted as nothing more than a manipulative bimbo who works very hard to convince Pantaleon that she is just a whore then whines to him later that he only sees her as one. The worst thing about this film is how boring it was. For a movie about hot Peruvian hookers, it was really really bland.

• Jan 22, 2010

Eh, these beautiful visitadoras... :-) Pretty good adaptation of the movie.

Eh, these beautiful visitadoras... :-) Pretty good adaptation of the movie.