Panther - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Panther Reviews

July 31, 2016
one of my FAVORITE movies...shows you critics don't know what they are talking about...or paid to not know
½ March 11, 2016
Panther is a disappointing film. It is about the story of The Black Panther Party of Self-Defense. Kadeem Hardison and Joe Don Baker give horrible performances. The screenplay is badly written. Mario Van Peebles did a terrible job directing this motion picture. I was not impressed with this motion picture.
½ December 13, 2013
Racist ass critics have the nerve to rate this masterpiece 27% just because it makes white people look bad. That's ridiculous. Then they pull it off the shelves and make it almost impissible for anyone to but, rent or see it. It's only available on the bay. This movie is practically banned from America. My only question is why? The Panthers & Civil Rights movement is history just as anything else.
December 9, 2012
One of the best political and historical movie I have ever seen. In the same class (and a sequel in the subject) as Malcolm X. A political movie that is both fantastic as political and as a movie in it's own right.
½ May 17, 2011
In his fictionalized story, Van Peebles simplifies the history of the Black Panthers, doing harm to a subject that he presumably intends to honor.
½ April 30, 2011
My favorite movie, although it wasn't played out for all it's worth but very strong
½ April 28, 2011
GREAT movie! This film truly is a piece of history. If you have any interest whatsoever in Black history, you have to watch this movie. Just a warning though, the language is extremely intense in the movie. The F-bomb and "N word" get thrown around every other sentence. Obscenities aside, this film is quite educational.
March 22, 2010
I saw this movie in late 80"s I believe. It was very, very instrumental to my situation. At the time my older brother had been preaching (he wasn't a preacher, though) about the main reasons drugs were being introduced to the Black community, however, despite this knowing and belief, my brother was also a user. After seeing this movie I began to understand what my brother had been preaching to me was indeed his and many Black Americans' nightmare. He was living this movie. Thank God, he never got as bad as Bobby Brown in the movie. "Panther" not only warns the Black Community, It is an eye opener for blacks, whites, browns and whoever will listen. This master- conjured- up- plan truly did back-fire. Excellent, directing, casting, etc. A must see.
½ February 27, 2010
a very underated movie. i guess bcuz its the truth!
February 20, 2010
Love this movie, should be a panther 2 far too much to still be said.
November 18, 2009
another of my fave films
September 22, 2009
LONG BUT, I CARED FOR EVERY CHARACTER AND, IT'S A GREAT FILM THAT IS VERY CLOSE TO GLORY AS A GREAT HISTORICAL FILM. I GIVE PANTHER ****.
½ August 29, 2009
excellent!!!!!!!!!!!!!
½ August 26, 2009
Power To The People!! Go Obama!!
July 1, 2009
Power To The People Go Obama!!
May 29, 2009
THIS IS A MUST SEE FOR EVERY BLACK PERSON IN AMERICA !!!! IF YOU EVER WANTED TO KNOW HOW MILLIONS OF BLACK PEOPLE GOT STRUNG OUT ON CRACK COCAINE THEN WATCH THIS MOVIE. IT ALSO EXPLAINS THE ORIGINS OF THE BLACK PANTHER PARTY FOR SELF DEFENSE.
March 14, 2009
The US government systematically destroyed the Black Panthers! I cringe when "liberal" whites talk about peaceful solutions and Dr King! As a muslim, we're taught never to be the agressor yet we're also taught to defend ourselves! That's a God given right! Excellent film by Mario Van Peebles!!
January 20, 2009
I saw it the other day on Starz. Gosh! I haven't see this movie in a long time.a very good movie.
January 20, 2009
I need the dvd and soundtrack asap!!!! FREEDOMMMMMM!!!