Paperman - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paperman Reviews

July 24, 2013
This short, compelling short probably left more of an impression than the actual movie did (Wreck- It-Ralph). The black and white film hinted with rose petal red, made for a distinct movie experience. The classic 'destined to meet' takes a wild turn in Paperman, yet still makes for an awesome story.
½ July 14, 2013
A little trite but the style is very neat.
June 26, 2013
The best animation of the year. Love it.
June 25, 2013
A sweet little short film with good animation. Works well despite having no dialogue.
June 24, 2013
The winner of the best animated short. Paperman had not only made a great short but also managed to fulfill very fluid animation into cgi movies for the first time and only because of their own technological developments in the field which will later be of great use to the animation industry!
½ June 22, 2013
Fantastic short from Disney. it's in B&W and is a silent, but so well done. A simple yet effective story. It's a bonus feature on "Wreck-it Ralph" and is well worth seeing!
June 20, 2013
So cute. So charming. So much heart. Best animated short to date.
June 10, 2013
This gorgeous and tender love story manages to achieve in less than seven minutes what most Hollywood romantic comedies fail to do with big-star casting and clichéd plots. Beautifully capturing the themes of love at first sight, destiny and nature's intervention, 'Paperman' is a good-looking, heart-warming tale that's sheer perfection.
May 21, 2013
Im a guy but this short movie or whatever u call it felt like an 20min emotional experience for me!!!
½ May 20, 2013
Interesting, like the art style; very ironic that this precedes "Wreck-it Ralph" in theaters, considering the this and that are so far on the opposite ends of the spectrum tonally. It's a little generic though, I might have liked the feature film proceeding it a little more.
May 16, 2013
Who would have known that papers can actually make a great love story.
May 10, 2013
A very cute little short, one that I didn't care for at the beginning but slowly came to enjoy tremendously near the end.
½ May 9, 2013
well, I find it hard to get to know why it won Oscar. XD
May 1, 2013
A warm and tender short film about following your heart; amusing situations accentuated by great B&W animation.
April 29, 2013
technically awesome but really there is nothing more to it.
½ April 14, 2013
This is an amazingly wonderful short. I love the style, the score, the story. Breathtaking.
MANUGINO
April 10, 2013
Serendipity in New York.

Excellent Short Film! Paperman is the perfect mix of laughter, romance and fantasy. The black and white style is visually stunning! The animators have outdone themselves with the classic style that almost makes the technology disappear, which is a wonderful change of pace in the 3-D crazy animated film department. This is one of the best pieces of animation to come out of the Walt Disney Company in years!

An animated short that follows the story of a lonely young man in mid-century New York City, whose destiny takes an unexpected turn after a chance meeting with a beautiful woman on his morning commute. Convinced the girl of his dreams is gone forever, he gets a second chance when he spots her in a skyscraper window across the avenue from his office. With only his heart, imagination and a stack of papers to get her attention, his efforts are no match for what the fates have in store for him.
April 8, 2013
I do not understand why it won an OSCAR, Cute at best.
April 8, 2013
It's much more difficult when rating short films because their lesser runtime almost gives them an unfair advantage over their bloated counterparts. Nevertheless, when a true master work is recognized, it must be applauded. "Paperman" is not only a revolution of animation and storytelling, but of filmmaking at large. Watch it for yourself to see just how good it really is.
April 7, 2013
In a span of 7 minutes, we get to see how a day can turn to a miraculous twist for an ordinary man. It's really a simply beautiful short that somehow reflects our daily lives.

Everyday we're facing the same routine that inevitably hindered us from crossing paths to what we value. In this story, a man eventually crossed that path and decidedly took the effort despite the hindrance of normality.

And what beautiful piece of music that complements the pacing of the story lines that it makes you feel that you're happy to reach that certainty, regardless of it's predictability.

Full five stars for it's emotional connectedness. I'm planning to watch more shorts from now on.