Paradise Found - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paradise Found Reviews

May 15, 2017
Uma pequena historia do Pintor Paul Gauguin
½ March 25, 2016
well crafted & shot modern bio-pic/period feature
May 13, 2014
Just a quick rating of a movie seen in the past.
½ May 13, 2014
It's Paris in 1880 and Paul Gauguin (Kiefer Sutherland) is a successful stockbroker. He lives in the city with his wife (Nastassja Kinski) and four children. But all is not well. Paul has a passion for painting. And his passion is so strong that he gives up his job and affluent lifestyle, leaves his family behind in poverty, and travels to Tahiti to paint. This production aspires to be a sweeping epic, and it succeeds occasionally, but it is weak overall. Sutherland does an excellent job of portraying Gauguin and some scenes are extraordinarily beautiful, but the pace is quite slow and occasionally the viewer gets a feeling this is a low budget film, or one produced by amateurs. All in all, it is okay for late night viewing, if you have nothing better to do, but I wouldn't purposely schedule it.
December 10, 2011
An interesting role for Kiefer Sutherland but the storytelling is very good, both a dramatic and fabulous adventure.
September 14, 2009
"The sensual journey of one of the most influential artists of our time."
August 16, 2009
January 9, 2008
Interesting history, which explains the "childlike" paintings of Gauguin. Nastassja Kinski's acting is good I thought. Haven't seen her for a long time in a film. I almost did not recognise her.
November 2, 2007
─▒ want to see ─▒t ─▒t's intresting doesn't it?
October 28, 2007
Good story, beautiful locations and photography and great performance by Kiefer: surprized it didn't get more play.
September 7, 2007
A must see for all the creative and restless souls.
½ September 6, 2007
He Look's sooo Cooll
½ July 30, 2007
i can't believe i actually disliked a kiefer film, but it did nothing for me...barely keeping my interest, the movie seemed to drag on forever