Paradise, Hawaiian Style - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Paradise, Hawaiian Style Reviews

½ June 13, 2015
One of the more watchable ones-- beautiful setting, wonderfully shot, great helicopter stunts, actual diversity with no casual racism and Elvis mackin' on every single girl in Hawaii. If only they cut the kid songs and maybe pumped up the plot a bit this coulda been a full three stars.
December 20, 2014
Elvis is a houn' dog and Hawaii is pretty. Three stars because the lounge that he sings "You Scratch My Back" at is called the Piki Niki.
July 9, 2014
I love this movie. I can't believe Elvis was in great 151 movies!!!
½ June 27, 2013
There's nothing stand-out about this Elvis vehicle, but it was a good excuse to get some great location shots of Hawaii. There's also an odd use of the freeze frame in film, that reoccurs in one song.
jjnxn
June 5, 2013
As a travelogue it's very pretty but as a decent movie it's a pretty empty exercise. But hey look there's Mr. Takagi from Die Hard as Elvis' business partner!
July 6, 2012
This half-hearted attempt to recapture the magic of Blue Hawaii is not one of Elvis' better movies. He manages to carry it through tho, which is impressive.
½ January 28, 2012
Again, it's Elvis ... What's not to love?
July 24, 2011
Good but not my favorite.
January 8, 2011
It's the King, so how else would I rate it?
½ November 15, 2009
forgettable elvis movie with some okay songs and wonderful locations
November 2, 2009
Oh Elvis..how the mighty did fall..when the King's career was flat-lining in the mid '60's,things were so bad they were having to issue 5-6 year old recordings as new releases and his films were dying at the box office..Col.Parker's remedy?try and recapture the light hearted fluff of"Blue Hawaii"(a monster hit & bumper soundtrack sales)but it deserverdly died on it's hula arse.
½ August 31, 2009
if u love elvis presley movies and his music
July 26, 2009
love elvis in any movie
June 2, 2009
Sometimes it was a little cheesey for me, and I like musicals, but they just seemed to be bursting into song for no apparent reason. The little girl was really cute, but I think they should have gone with the story line of the secretary a little further, because I like tom boys who still know how to everything that the guys do.
May 22, 2009
Sometimes it was a little cheesey for me, and I like musical, but they just seemed to be bursting into song for no apparent reason. The little girl was really cute, but I think they should have gone with the story line of the secretary a little further, because I like tom boys who still know how to work it. Not the worst Elivs movie I've seen at least.
shesdownbytheriver
½ January 10, 2009
More poor acting from Elvis
August 30, 2008
really i want 2 c it
July 29, 2008
Did Elvis really need to go tropical?
July 26, 2008
awww...romantic style
July 8, 2008
A great trevelog of Hawaii, with Elvis playing a helicopter pilot getting great shots of the island. But still, not worth the price of admission.